Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Dublin / Ireland  (Read 196 times)

Offline Biffer Dan

• Bike: CBF1000A6M
  • City / Town: Dublin
Hi from Dublin / Ireland
« on: 22 September, 2019, 07:03:50 AM »
Hi Folks,

I have started biking 3 years ago. My first bike was a Bandit 600 which I have kept for about 8 months.

I changed over to a V-strom 650 as I was looking for a more comfortable riding position. After swapping out the windscreen, mirrors and stock seat I had the near perfect bike (for me). Comfortable, very economical and reliable.
I thought I would never sell it.

However one day I got this itch again. I also got bored with the V-strom and was looking for something more powerful. I testrode the 1000 but didn't like the engine. Fellow bikers were selling their V-Strom 1000 as they were getting very little mileage out of the tank.

Next thing I was reading about the Versys 1000 and took one for a test drive and I was hooked. However after buying a house the bike was out of my price league.

So I kept researching the net, visited a few dealerships and finally sold my V-strom yesterday morning.
Straight after the sale I went on our bike sale website and checked out several bikes.

The following bikes were of interest for me: K1200s, Fazer FZ1, Bandit 1250, CB1000R, FJR 1300 and a Blackbird.
After hearing horror stories about reliability I discounted the K1200S instantly. I also couldn't get comfortable on  FZ1 and CB1000R.
The FJR 1300 was comfortable but too bulky and the Bandit 1250 seat gave me back pain as well.
Then I looked at a blue Blackbird. What a great looking machine however the seating position didn’t suit my 6ft 3 frame either so off I went to the next dealership.

I had a look around and my wife pointed out a CBF 600 right beside a Hornet. I kind of discounted the bike instantly as it was a 600 however my daughter climbed onto the back seat and wanted me to sit on it with her.  I was straight away impressed by the comfort and seating position if only it had a larger engine. ....

Anyway coincedentially I got suggestions from our biker group on Facebook and was tagged in for a dealer who was selling a 2006 CBF1000 for a good price.
I contacted him straight away and he confirmed that the bike was still there.
Off I went and when I saw her I was blown away. Immaculate condition, full touring kit, gear indicator, volt meter (not sure what this is for), touring screen, hid light conversion etc. The seat was very comfortable despite only being in the middle position.
I bought it straight away. The dealer will just give her a look over and a service. Next Saturday I will be able to pick her up :)  :300:   

This was my day yesterday  :002:

Cheers,
Dan

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: Hi from Dublin / Ireland
« Reply #1 on: 22 September, 2019, 10:35:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum

The voltmeter will be due to all the OTT stator hype associated with the SC58 CBF 1,000's. Nothing to worry about it my opinion.

Happy Days

Offline Biffer Dan

« Reply #2 on: 22 September, 2019, 10:45:05 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Art. Good to hear that there is nothing to worry about.

Cheers,
Dan

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #3 on: 23 September, 2019, 08:04:13 PM »
 :405: :730:

Offline Biffer Dan

« Reply #4 on: 23 September, 2019, 08:58:46 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Shed  :031: :300:

Offline Crispy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #5 on: 23 September, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum Biffer Dan  :062:

Nice informative opening post. I never thought of buying a Biffer until I had to sell my Harley, ended up doing a P/X in a private sale and I love the CBF. Was planning on getting a tough as old boots ZZR600, but so glad I ended up with my Biffer.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

:123:
A day without learning is a day wasted

diverse-leafy