Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CBF engine/performance upgrades  (Read 1332 times)

Offline catford lad

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda cbf1000A6
  • City / Town: London
CBF engine/performance upgrades
« on: 17 September, 2019, 04:40:22 PM »
Love the riding position of my mk1, but love the engine of the CB1000r. Anyone tried the cams from the 1000r in the CBF? Thinking of a winter project involving cams, 4 into 1 exhaust and a power commander.
Anyone tried any or all of the above?

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
Re: CBF engine/performance upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 18 September, 2019, 09:01:22 PM »
I don't know too much about these things, but the engine is a retuned Fireblade unit. One thought would be to install a non-retuned unit out of a Blade. How possible this is, I don't know, but surely isn't beyond the wit of Man.

Offline ToonCBF

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 GT
  • City / Town: Market Harboroug
« Reply #2 on: 23 September, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
I was wondering about slinging a Blade engine into a Biffer, surely it would fit???

Would be great fun!!!!

I have the body of an 18 year old...... I keep it in the freezer!!!! (Spike Milligan)

Offline catford lad

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda cbf1000A6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 23 September, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »
Have done a bit of digging on this idea and I think unfortunately the answer is not. The 'blade inlet manifolds are angled upwards, meaning even the throttle bodies probably wouldn't clear the frame, let alone the airbox. Also the cost of all the ancillaries means it would be well expensive - over 2k. And then of course when it's finally time to press the starter it doesn't work/runs rough/blows up. Cry. Start again. That's it - I've talked myself into it!

It does look as though the CB1000 cams (higher lift/longer duration) are a straight swap, and a mark2 pipe should also be a fairly simple bolt-on. I think a power commander with all the above would best be set up by a pro with some dyno time.

Definitely thinking about this as a winter project.....

Offline J-man

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
« Reply #4 on: 23 September, 2019, 10:08:54 PM »
Potential wire boom differences between cbf and cbr might become a problem for swapping motors.
« Last Edit: 23 September, 2019, 10:10:18 PM by J-man »

Offline Westoneboy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000 2007
  • City / Town: North Ayrshire
« Reply #5 on: 25 September, 2019, 08:17:35 PM »

Don't  know if my bike goes any quicker than standard ones as it had a booster plug fitted when I got it.  I wooped a guy on an early blade last week . I was  beating him in acceleration  whilst overtaking cars on a twist country road and matching him on the straights up to the speed limit. I have been riding a blackbird for years and I am still impressed how quick the biffer is .

Offline Kamboskid

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000 2007
  • City / Town: Chios, Greece
« Reply #6 on: 03 December, 2019, 05:08:14 PM »
Hi, would love to give my Biffer a bit more boost, wonder if a simple but effective mod would to fit a supercharger, any comments on that one?

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #7 on: 04 December, 2019, 11:11:54 AM »
It makes me laugh if you want more power just get a blackbird, even standard it'll pull your face off.  :037: :038:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Online iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #8 on: 04 December, 2019, 11:26:39 AM »
Iwonder if the roads around Chios in Greece are friendly to a standard Biffer without even asking beyond more powerful bikes?  I think the area is a smallish island with no major roads.:125:  Ed.
« Last Edit: 04 December, 2019, 11:31:10 AM by iNCORRIGIBLE »

diverse-leafy