Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thinking of changing bike.  (Read 1076 times)

Offline the jocktor

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000fac-gt
  • City / Town: falkirk
Re: Thinking of changing bike.
« Reply #10 on: 18 September, 2019, 06:04:36 PM »
You will probably put to much air in at first that you slide on it. After a couple of runs,got it sussed.

Offline SteveS

• Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Kings Lynn
« Reply #11 on: 22 September, 2019, 08:53:10 AM »
Too much air to start with was my experience too. It needed very little to work best for me. Equally too much air meant the seat was too high for a short arse like me!
I haven’t found I need it on the biffer but it was invaluable on several other bikes.

It always amazes me that some manufacturers sell “comfort seats”! It’s a pity they didn’t consider that people may have wanted the standard seat to be comfortable. That said comfort is very much a personal thing.

Offline Kamboskid

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000 2007
  • City / Town: Chios, Greece
« Reply #12 on: 22 September, 2019, 05:10:37 PM »
Have the the same problem with my Biffer, after 200 kms my arse is crying for mercy, wife's too! Looking for comfort seats like airhawks before our next trip, do not want to change the bike!
Having said that the Triumph is worth considering, but the seats will be just the same!

Offline Westoneboy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000 2007
  • City / Town: North Ayrshire
« Reply #13 on: 22 September, 2019, 05:14:56 PM »
I am now looking at the versys 1000.

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #14 on: 22 September, 2019, 09:31:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by the jocktor [+]
I find the riders seat is uncomfortable even for my skinny little arse. My wife also moaned about the pillion seat. Got rider and pillion Airhawk seats. Problem solved.

Me too. Did a 16 day tour with an Airhawk (same size) and survived remarkably well (at my age I have little or no natural padding on my backside, it has all shifted to the front around my belt height....)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....

Offline Steve_h

• Bike: CBF100 mk 2
  • City / Town: Teesdale
« Reply #15 on: 16 October, 2019, 08:36:13 PM »
We had the same problem, she could not stand the stock seat. Bought a Bagster seat and she is happy.
It cost about £250 but whenever I sell the biffer the seat will go on eBay and hopefully I'll get a good chunk of my money back.

Online Kentcolin

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000GT
  • City / Town: Rochester
« Reply #16 on: 17 October, 2019, 09:02:47 AM »
Interesting topic about pillion seat, I have a Mk2 biffer and my wife says its the most comfortable seat she's been on. We use a sheepskin for hot holidays and a non slip mat for her the rest of the time. The only other bike I've had that she was comfortable on was a BMW R1100RS. This year on holiday we were doing 6 to 7 hours a day on the bike and most days it was over 30 celsius,the sheepskin makes it comfy. Finding another bike with a seat that's comfortable for 2 is not easy, good luck.

Offline Crispy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #17 on: 17 October, 2019, 01:10:41 PM »
I think I’m going to try cycling shorts with gel inserts instead of messing with my seat. It would be a lot cheaper, too.
A day without learning is a day wasted

diverse-leafy