Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Sydney Australia!  (Read 215 times)

Offline robcig

• Bike: Honda CBF1000f
  • City / Town: Sydney
Hi from Sydney Australia!
« on: 23 August, 2019, 03:44:48 AM »
Hello all, I've recently sold my Kawasaki 1400 GTR after three years and 40,000k's and decided I'll only keep one bike in the garage, a 2007 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster. Well, that lasted one month and I missed the alluring torque of an inline Japanese four. So I bought a 2008 Honda CBF 1000 which really impressed me from the minute I laid eyes on her. Literally, I bought her there and then and have been impressed so far. Looking forward to many discussions and understanding more about this rare beast. Honda Australia only sold this model for two years so there is not a lot of information Down Under on this bike.
Regards,

Robert

Online moayling

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2015 MK 2 CBF
  • City / Town: Seaton. Devon.
Re: Hi from Sydney Australia!
« Reply #1 on: 23 August, 2019, 07:17:40 AM »
Hi Robert and  :405: . I also had the GTR 1400 before l bought my Mk2 because l wanted something a bit lighter. I had a Mk1 back in 2006 so knew what to expect. You will not be disappointed and there is a wealth of knowledge on here about the bike. I too have a Bonnie in the shed but love the 4 cylinder engine.

Offline robcig

« Reply #2 on: 23 August, 2019, 08:53:46 AM »
Thanks mate, the GTR was a fantastic bike (after spending money on bar risers, seat and windshield), but she was WAY too top heavy and I struggled especially at low speed. I still aspire to own a sport tourer, FJR1300 or RT1200 but the CBF will do me just fine for the next couple of years.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 23 August, 2019, 10:34:18 AM »
Welcome

I visit NSW every other year, my son and I ride out to a bikers pie shop can't remember where exactly but IO guess its about 30 Km north of Sydney.

Happy Days

Offline robcig

« Reply #4 on: 23 August, 2019, 11:30:00 AM »
I'm sure you're talking about Pie in the Sky which is a popular biker haunt especially on the weekends. We often ride there via the Berowra Waters Ferry and the Old Pacific Hwy.

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #5 on: 23 August, 2019, 12:40:09 PM »
 :405:

But of course your pic shows a CBF1000A (a mkI) so might make a note of that.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #6 on: 23 August, 2019, 01:04:03 PM »
That's the place Pie in the Sky.

First time we went there I was hungry and made the mistake of ordering two pies one with chips the other with mash both with peas, way too much and bigger portions than you'd get here in the UK. Subsequent visits have all included two pies except that I've gone with a meat pie, chips and peas folowed by fruit pie with ice cream. Over time I've worked my way through their menu and I'm still undecided. I'll just have to return and try them all again!

Second visit I got pulled over for being 10 kph over the posted limit. I was greeted with "afternoon mate, switch off the engine (and straight to the point) double demerit points on a Bank Holiday weekend fella". I attentively listened to the lecture, apologised for my oversight and produced my UK licence which got me another lecture and let off with a warning.

Memories of the delightful nooks and crannies touring up and down the NSW coast from Batemans Bay to the Gold Coast. The only disappointments were the over rated and over priced Bondi Beach and the Wet n Wild theme park at Gold Coast where I managed to break three toes coming off the white water slide.

Happy Days