Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: PGM - FI INDICATOR  (Read 360 times)

Offline Ioannis P

• Bike: CBF 1000A 2008
  • City / Town: NEA SMIRNIATHENS
PGM - FI INDICATOR
« on: 18 August, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »
Hello everybody from Greece. I'm a new member, riding my CBF1000A ABS 2008 model since 2009. I want to share with you a problem recently occurred. After 7 years of parking due to business reason abroad, I decided to re-drive my bike. I just change the fuel tank and pump, 4 spark plugs, oil filter, oil, coolant liquid, brake fluid and a new battery. The engine is operating like it was brand new, with the well-known velvet sound. Accelerates with the same response as it was.

The problem now is that the FI indicator is blinking twice while the side-stand is down and is always red while the bike is circulating. Do you have any idea of the occurred problem because I don't want to be in the unpleasant condition to change the PGM-FI unit?

Best Regards

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: PGM - FI INDICATOR
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2019, 11:21:12 AM »
Hi.

You need to read the codes.
Use the search function on this site and it'll tell you how to count them and what they mean.
There are only a few codes that are likely to be shown and the knowledge base on here (cbf1000 forum) is very good.

Unlikely you need a new ecu. But the code tells you which sensor/function is being logged and directs you to the right area.
Download the manual for your model (from here, search the links).
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Shed

• CBF Pro
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2019, 03:52:08 PM »
Two blinks means MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor vacuum hose/s disconnected/broken. The sensor is mounted on the air filter housing.

Have you disconnected/disturbed anything in this area when you had the tank up and were fitting your new parts, and/or not reconnected the sensor and/or the vacuum hoses?
Also, whilst you're in under there, check the condition of the vacuum hoses for any signs of cracks/splits/perishing.

This link will help you...

https://bob.ollis-brown.co.uk/manuals/cbf1000/2006-2008-CBF1000-A-6%20FUEL%20SYSTEM.pdf
« Last Edit: 19 August, 2019, 03:57:22 PM by Shed »

Offline Ioannis P

« Reply #3 on: 19 August, 2019, 06:57:02 PM »
Thank you so much for those guidances. I'll inform for the solution!

Kind Regards.

Offline Ioannis P

« Reply #4 on: 20 August, 2019, 05:06:46 PM »
So, my friends, the answer was given today by the doctor (HONDA AUTHORISED SERVICE). Just the breather tube was unplugged from the fuel tank. I want to thank you for your advice and support.

Kind Regards

Offline Shed

• CBF Pro
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #5 on: 20 August, 2019, 07:38:03 PM »
Good result Ioannis   
:062: :028: :300: