Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Haynes Manuals  (Read 688 times)

Offline Shed

• CBF Pro
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: Haynes Manuals
« Reply #10 on: 21 August, 2019, 11:40:26 AM »
So, for £16.99 you get online only access, it states they are not downloadable. You can print out what you want, so I suppose someone with time on their hands could maybe print out the whole manual and then scan & save it as a pdf and then share it - if you really wanted to!

But, check this bit out, it's a yearly subscription. They say it has extras such as colour photos & how-to-videos.
Er, yeah, great, that sounds really exciting Haynes.  :086:

You'll need internet access on whatever device you're using to access the Haynes online manual for info, colour photos, and how-to-videos.

:084: If you don't have a Haynes online subscription, you could use your device to access the regular internet, er, where you'll have free access to this forum, free access to any amount of colour photos, and free access to er, what's that free video website with tens of millions of free videos of how-to-videos called?
You-want-how-to-videos-Tube? 

Is this the demise of Haynes coming along soon?  :127:

"Our Online Manuals are a one-year subscription and when it comes to the end of your one-year subscription, Haynes will offer you a special deal on renewal, and it will cost you less than £13 to continue using the Online Manual".

"A Haynes Online Manual is our most complete product to date and includes many extra features by comparison with a printed manual. All of the pictures are in full colour, and we’ve added 10 “how to” video guides covering commonly tackled jobs. The Online Manual works on your smartphone, tablet or desktop computer so it is available wherever you are. It is much simpler to use than a digital PDF-based book, with easy-to-use navigation tools that take you straight to your job. If you prefer to work off paper in the workshop, you can print as many sections of the manual as you like. And whenever we update a manual to include the latest information, you’ll receive that free of charge. When it comes to the end of your one-year subscription, Haynes will offer you a special deal on renewal, to allow you to continue using the Online Manual".

Each to their own, but I think I'd stick with an outright bought & paid for hard copy, thanks. A paper hard copy manual in years to come may well be a collectors item of some rarity!

https://haynes.com/en-gb/honda-motorcycle/cbf1000/2006-2010

https://haynes.com/en-gb/faqs

« Last Edit: 21 August, 2019, 12:07:29 PM by Shed »

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #11 on: 21 August, 2019, 12:14:36 PM »
old school paper seems to be the way forward

Offline Shed

• CBF Pro
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #12 on: 21 August, 2019, 12:17:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Art [+]
old school paper seems to be the way forward

Indeed.

Plenty on ebay for around £16.00, and one at the moment for just £14.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=cbf1000+manual&_sop=15

Paper bargain!

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #13 on: 21 August, 2019, 12:40:37 PM »
eBay is an excellent resource for the likes of Haynes manuals and such, seen one for £7.50 + 3.98 p&p auction starting price or best offer. I'd wager a best offer of £6.02 would win it for £10.00 including p&p. That's if your local Halfords doesn't have a new one for a blue beer voucher (£5.00).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haynes-owners-workshop-manual-for-Honda-CB-1000r-Honda-CBF-1000/264436028432?hash=item3d919d9410:g:KvMAAOSwllddWpKV

Not a recommendation so no link provided, Haynes are offering their on-line subscriptions on eBay from £5.99 for 14 days.

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
« Reply #14 on: 22 August, 2019, 12:32:30 AM »
I agree, an old style Haynes book is the best thing. Sure, you can have it on your computer and print out the relevant page, but how often does that relevant page say something along the lines of "now remove the XXX. See chapter 4." So it's back to the computer and print out the relevant pages again. More faff than it's worth. And I certainly don't like the idea of paying every year for something I've already bought once.

Progress for progress sake. I wonder if this is a last ditch attempt to eke out a profit from a failing company. What's more, although I have one (book) for my bike, they don't so one for my car, a Land Rover Discovery 4. Most annoying!

Offline Syramax

• Bike: 2008 cbf1000
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #15 on: 23 August, 2019, 03:51:40 PM »
Got one today ,  :460:   cheers

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
« Reply #16 on: 23 August, 2019, 07:58:47 PM »
Hopefully for £5

Offline Syramax

• Bike: 2008 cbf1000
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #17 on: 24 August, 2019, 10:33:13 AM »
Yeah,£5 :001: but the car ones were still priced at around £16 ?? Perhaps they are stopping selling bike ones but still selling car manuals ?? . I suspect fewer people are doing their own repairs these days due to the ever increasing amount of teknollijee  involved. I for one will not be venturing past simple service type jobs any more .gone are the days of stripping a engine down in the kitchen. :008: