Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brake pad spacers??  (Read 294 times)

Offline KiwiBob

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 MK1
Brake pad spacers??
« on: 15 April, 2020, 02:57:59 AM »
Hi all, I just bought and fitted new brake pads to my 2009 CBF1000A. The old pads had yellow plastic, possibly fibreglass, spacers on the back and  stainless steel plates as well. Cannot see these spacers and plates in the parts fiche on the CMNSL site. There was no way the new pads would fit with the plastic spacers in place. Pistons all returned nicely into the caliper and the caliper slid easily on the pins.
I fitted the new pads without the yellow plastic spacers.
The pads came from my local Honda dealer, are SBS branded and are sintered.
What am I missing here?? Discs are original and well within specs regarding thickness.

Thanks for any advice, Bob.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Brake pad spacers??
« Reply #1 on: 15 April, 2020, 03:44:04 AM »
Your missing nothing some pads come with shims some don't.

My disc pad of choice are the Italian made Brenta (FT3081 standard GG) sadly between Brexit and Coronavirus imports to the UK from Italy are becoming few and far between

Offline KiwiBob

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 MK1
« Reply #2 on: 15 April, 2020, 03:48:50 AM »
Thanks Art, that was my conclusion. Just wanted to check with other peoples experiences. I had read the thread about choices of brake pads and whilst there are many "available" on line the reality of our current situation meant choosing the local dealer was my best bet. Here in Australia we aren't in total lock down like many countries.

Bob

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
« Reply #3 on: 15 April, 2020, 11:35:35 AM »
Happy Days ahead

My son and grandchildren are in Australia, they live in Berowra Waters north of Sydney 2nd plot before the bush. Having escaped the recent fires by 20 Km they are now social distancing in a self imposed lockdown.

:003:

diverse-leafy