Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Misfire below 3000 revs.  (Read 448 times)

Offline Westoneboy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000 2007
  • City / Town: North Ayrshire
Misfire below 3000 revs.
« on: 03 August, 2019, 06:32:14 PM »
Hi guys I wonder if anyone has had problems like this before. A couple of weeks ago my bike started misfiring above 4000 revs and the FI light came on so I pulled in put the stand down and had an 8 flash code showing a suspected faulty throttle sensor. I  purchased one from aliexpressed replaced it and the bike was running fantastic till this weekend were it has started misfiring almost like 3 cylinders below 3000 revs. I have put the volt meter on the sensor and it seams to be functioning smoothly with voltage rising steady from zero to full throttle. I have checked it leads in the dark for track in and all seems ok so I don't think it is that. I fitted new Iridium plugs about a month ago so don't suspect them. It just seams too much of a coinsidense that this has happened after new sensor. Is it possible that the sensor can be faulty and still show ok on my meter.

Offline g5guzzi

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: cbf1000fa
  • City / Town: kirton lincs
Re: Misfire below 3000 revs.
« Reply #1 on: 05 August, 2019, 09:46:23 PM »
my experience with one tps i fitted is that the engine would not
idle  and run at low revs properly but gave good readings when checked with a volt meter
and an ohm meter. it run ok with a different tps.
did you try testing it with the engine running?
Malc

Offline Westoneboy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000 2007
  • City / Town: North Ayrshire
« Reply #2 on: 07 August, 2019, 07:55:49 AM »
Hi, thanks for your input. I don't have a problem with it idling ,  it ticks over fine hot or cold but when trying to ride slow and smooth below 3000 revs it starts spluttering. Once above 3000 it goes like a bat out of hell right to the red line. I haven't  tried the meter on it with the engine running but I will. I have ordered another tps from aliexpress to see if changing it makes any difference. Thanks again for your help....

Offline Ben1957

• Bike: HondaCBF1000ABS
  • City / Town: Lansingerland
« Reply #3 on: 02 October, 2019, 05:23:43 PM »
For my bike the sane problem new bougys
Ngk and it runs nog verf good

Offline raYzerman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: FJR1300A CBF1000
  • City / Town: Millgrove, ON
« Reply #4 on: 07 October, 2019, 03:41:07 AM »
By chance has it been sitting for a couple or weeks+ with ethanol fuel?  Perhaps you have water in the fuel, just pour in a couple of ounces of Seafoam, or isopropanol to take care of the water.... if that's what it is.