Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I知 in love.  (Read 1329 times)

Offline HGP

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Silver CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Lanark
Re: I知 in love.
« Reply #10 on: 02 September, 2019, 09:49:32 PM »
I loved the 5 years I had with my CBF but now being a fickle adulterous motorcyclist I am slightly more in love with my mt09 Tracer. I do have a left over set of Palmer brackets and an MRA vario screen in the garage that I used on my bike and felt it made a noticable difference. I was planning to put in the articles for sale page first if anyone is interested. I will probably be looking at half the new price for both delivery included.  P.M. if interested and I will send some photos. (probably won't be able to do that to Thursday)
My apologies if you feel I have hi-jacked your post but it is a good bit of kit and deserves a good home.

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
« Reply #11 on: 02 September, 2019, 10:13:37 PM »
My bike was fitted with a taller givi screen when purchased. I found this still had a few problems. Fitted the palmer brackets, played around with the different settings til I was happy. A couple of months later, can稚 think why, but I fitted the original screen that came with the bike onto the brackets. This wasn稚 anywhere near as good. So the fact that you are getting the screen first, if you are not happy with the outcome, the brackets will be a good pairing, from what I have read as I haven稚 tried that combination. Rider height and seat heights must also have an effect.

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
« Reply #12 on: 05 September, 2019, 06:08:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by wpbrown [+]
I used the Palmer brackets with an MRA vario screen. I did not attach the standard screen to the brackets so am unable to comment as to it's effectiveness. However, the MRA vario combined with the Palmer brackets was a great success for me.
Ear plugs are the best way to cut out wind noise. A bit of wind is all about being on a motorbike surely unless you get constant buffeting in which case I find its best to just lower the standard screen so you get a constant stream of air. Never had a problem cruising up to 80mph over long distances.

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
« Reply #13 on: 07 September, 2019, 08:46:12 PM »
I agree Piper, lots of riders on all sorts of bikes with expensive helmets still wear ear plugs, and a bit wind is part of the fun of biking. Back to the cbf I find the set up of the Palmer brackets and another make of screen seems to work well from deflecting the wind hitting me head on.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #14 on: 09 September, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »
Hi.The Buffers are truly underated bikes (well the mark 2 is). Left London on Sat 31/8 .Spent 2 days travelling on motorways through rip off land (France) until I reached the Spanish side of the Pyrennes. Have now done1800 miles and have just watched the sunset over the mountains in the Sierra de Segura in Andalusia - with very large glass of wine, temp is now 23 degrees. Bike has performed perfectly without missing a beat and has coped brillantly with 100s of miles of French motorways and all the Spainish twistys I have found. The only problem I have had is with the Scottoiler oil which turns to the consistency of water when the temp is over 30 degrees for long periods and drips/sprays over the back of the bike.

Offline wpbrown

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 A
  • City / Town: Portadown
« Reply #15 on: 10 September, 2019, 01:13:01 PM »
We use the Blue Scottoiler oil here (UK) based on our average temps. There is a higher temp oil available (Red), it's just thicker. Can use in the same oiler as they mix and no need to flush system.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #16 on: 10 September, 2019, 05:12:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by wpbrown [+]
We use the Blue Scottoiler oil here (UK) based on our average temps. There is a higher temp oil available (Red), it's just thicker. Can use in the same oiler as they mix and no need to flush system.

Many many people dislike the Scottoiler, and some with good reason, "they have no patients / can't read the instructions"  :015: I have always found them handy and have had one "often the same one" on all my bikes, the biffer I bought has one fitted behind the number plate "touring Scotty" as has my Bird, as I intimated they are a real pain to set correctly, but once done pays for itself time and again.
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline VanquishedWombat

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA ABS
  • City / Town: Winchester
« Reply #17 on: 11 September, 2019, 07:24:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Longside [+]
I agree Piper, lots of riders on all sorts of bikes with expensive helmets still wear ear plugs, and a bit wind is part of the fun of biking. Back to the cbf I find the set up of the Palmer brackets and another make of screen seems to work well from deflecting the wind hitting me head on.

MRA screen still not come from Germany yet. But at weekend on a quiet motorway, I tried standing up to get my head 'above' the turmoil from the screen and hey-presto, nothing but pure wind with no buffet. So I think you are on to something re the screen being the cause of buffet. I'll report back when the screen comes in.

Offline raYzerman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: FJR1300A CBF1000
  • City / Town: Millgrove, ON
« Reply #18 on: 11 September, 2019, 09:04:15 PM »
I am using a Givi with a deflector I got from China for U$25 approx... works well.  MRA will work I'm sure.  I also shimmed my windshield off the fairing by about 3/8 with plastic washers, to let air in behind it, as that does help buffetting.