Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: After owning CBF's since 2008  (Read 250 times)

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: White CBF1000
  • City / Town: Reading
After owning CBF's since 2008
« on: 21 July, 2019, 05:46:45 PM »
Sorry folks but I have sold my CBF.
After having a mk 1 2008 till 2014 and mk 2 from 2014 till July 2019.
The decision was made for me by my declining strength and loss of confidence in my ability to manoeuvre the bike around when parking up. At a starting weight of approx 260 kg. it became just dangerous. My CBF had full touring kit and crash bars so it's all up weight must have been approx 280 kg.
I have bought a Tracer 700 GT approx weight 210 kg. Which I hope will keep me biking for a few more years yet.
My first impressions of the difference are thus:
The CBF a Bentley, big heavy, very fast and very powerful. An absolute dream to ride either short distances or long distance touring, I was always doing 260 miles up to North Yorkshire on it.
The Tracer lighter, quicker on twisties, nowhere near as smooth more economical.
Tomorrow is acid test as I am going up to North Yorkshire again.

If it not for the weight I would have run the CBF into the ground and as my wife said I was  almost in tears when I part exchanged it.
I don't visit the forum much these days, but I have made many friends on the forum, most of whom have moved on to different bikes, but I am still in contact with most of them and still ride with quite a few. I have so many good memories of some of the Rideout's some I led and some Trefoil led.
Any way folks stay safe and enjoy your CBF's.

Josiah  :112:

I'd rather ride it than clean it!

Online iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
Re: After owning CBF's since 2008
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2019, 09:34:53 PM »
Lovely post ,Josiah.You are using powerful common sense in your thinking & its practical application.There is certainly nothing wrong with the Biffer and I am very glad that I chanced upon it. Continue to use your sensible approach & I am sure you will maximize your continued pleasure of motorcycling .
All the very best .Edward. :031:

Online Pan404

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-2011,
  • City / Town: ELGIN
Re: After owning CBF's since 2008
« Reply #2 on: 22 July, 2019, 12:43:55 AM »
What you ride is not important, that you still ride is! Keep safe and enjoy whatever your mount.

diverse-leafy