Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Removal of Rear Caliper 2009 Biffer.  (Read 606 times)

Offline NJD

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A 06
Re: Removal of Rear Caliper 2009 Biffer.
« Reply #10 on: 22 September, 2019, 07:09:53 PM »
Holds the pads in place.

I almost got it done earlier but the anit-rattle spring that sits in the caliper kept falling out every so often when I put the caliper upside down to be fitted on the bike: brilliant design.

Looks like a shop job that shouldn't take too long because I've given up.  :008:

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #11 on: 23 September, 2019, 08:09:47 AM »
Hi again,NJD,I usually overcome the falling out issue by giving a careful squeeze to the lugs on these items so as to increase their grip on the alloy of the caliper.Bear in mind they will have been in &out of the caliper several time in their time so will tend to become loose.Ed.

Offline NJD

• CBF Member
« Reply #12 on: 23 September, 2019, 10:42:38 AM »
After an hour it's finally done, but most of that was correct the weekends worth of mistakes.

Used tape in the end to secure the anti-rattle / pad retaining bracket (metal part that sits in the caliper and holds the pads in place) so I could chuck it upside down and wiggle the pads in.

Pushing the caliper to the L/H side of the bike (with pads in place) will help with removal and installation of pads as it pushes all three pistons into the caliper body (just a tip to help in the future).

L/H pad requires a bit of a wiggle to get into place, but the R/H one has a clear visual on the metal part that they clip into on the bracket (the part picture in two posts above).

As above hold pads with some force and slot pad retaining pin in.

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
« Reply #13 on: 23 September, 2019, 12:07:03 PM »
Well pleased NJD!.What is that apparent crack on the wheel hub all about please?? Ed. :005:

Offline NJD

• CBF Member
« Reply #14 on: 23 September, 2019, 03:17:55 PM »
Just very cunningly photographed dirt.

Unlike the rear fluid resivour that was bouncing around during the "test-ride" because I'd forgot to put the bolt back in: could have been an "adventure."  :008:

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
« Reply #15 on: 23 September, 2019, 05:53:40 PM »
 :008: