Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MK1 - Viper Exhaust Link Pipe Issue  (Read 214 times)

Offline NJD

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A 06
MK1 - Viper Exhaust Link Pipe Issue
« on: 19 July, 2019, 08:24:13 PM »
Hi, 06 ABS CBF1000.

Ordered a Viper exhaust system and found that the R/H link pipe (sitting on the bike facing forward) doesn't connect. Phoned up the shop that sold it me online and they've sent another one out to see if that resolves the issue as the manufacture (viper) defiantly list the part I was sent (so says the shop that sold it me) as for the above bike.

Anyway while that's in the post does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? Or has anyone fitted these cans in the past? I've had a viper exhaust on a previous bike and was fairly happy so ordered for this given it seems the cheapest aftermarket exhaust and I know they sound good (or did on my old bike).

Measured the internal and external diameter of the link pipe versus the downpipes on the bike and they're bigger but getting it to slide on seems impossible whereas the L/H side slides on perfectly without issue (on both sides, just to eliminate the R/H downpipe as the issue).

Wont slide inside as too big and wont go over as isn't wide enough all the way around (goes over slightly on one side and then lines up level with bike downpipes on the other).

Offline NJD

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A 06
Re: MK1 - Viper Exhaust Link Pipe Issue
« Reply #1 on: 23 July, 2019, 08:08:20 PM »
Just an update in the event someone else orders these.

TLDR: Fixed with a second set of link pipes, quality very hit and miss.

Second set arrived to replace the first at the supplier's (shop I ordered from) cost. Had high hopes since the welding looked much better on this set but turned out the L/H one didn't fit so used one from each set and ended up with a working set. Quality very hit and miss as the metal seems to bend easy on the link pipes (they were BikeIt branded on the first set -- on the bag -- so doesn't surprise me).

At £170-180 they make a decent enough sound to raise the neighbours eyebrow but don't come without hassle to fit them. Would probably recommend a more expensive system or order the link pipes from Wemoto (or someone you trust to give you good service).

Can't report on fuelling or alike yet as waiting to perform other repairs but the short run I did made the CBF1000 sound like a bike again. Loud pipes aren't everyone's cup of tea on such a machine, I realise, but O.E.M ones may see the light of day at M.O.T time.  :008: