Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Modifying pillion seat to carry proper tool kit  (Read 205 times)

Offline berlindave

• Bike: 600N
  • City / Town: Berlin
Modifying pillion seat to carry proper tool kit
« on: 19 July, 2019, 05:22:13 PM »
Hi all,
I am thinking about modifying my pillion seat underneath so I can carry a proper tool kit with chain adjust wrench (short) and everything needed instead of the terrible OEM Honda kit. There just isnt enough room and I never will take a passenger and Im thinking removing the inner support will free up the needed space but allow me to keep everything locked. Might be a dumb idea but has anyone done this?

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: Modifying pillion seat to carry proper tool kit
« Reply #1 on: 19 July, 2019, 10:13:07 PM »
I was considering the need to carry a 24 mm spanner for chain adjustment. The solution I came up with but never progressed was to cut the open end off a spare 24 mm combination spanner and put a bend in its length so that it would slide into one of the recesses underneath and at either side the riders seat and follow the curve of the rear fender.

Offline berlindave

« Reply #2 on: 20 July, 2019, 06:37:08 AM »
Another trick I have been thinking of is to build a box under the rear seat with attachments on the OEM pannier holders. Will almost never be seen by thieves and if steel will take any rock and water etc abuse without a hitch. tough to get in there though. Thinking about a click n go kind of detachment.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #3 on: 20 July, 2019, 07:02:03 PM »
I know there's not enough room under the Biffers seat, but here's what a number of us did to the Blackbird.
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline berlindave

« Reply #4 on: 20 July, 2019, 07:30:06 PM »
Man, that would be perfect. You're right about the seat, though.

diverse-leafy