Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bumpy Ride / Misfire when motor brake  (Read 202 times)

Offline Viking67

• Bike: Cbf1000 2009
  • City / Town: Tennfjord
Bumpy Ride / Misfire when motor brake
« on: 19 July, 2019, 12:48:51 PM »
I recently bought a CBF 2009.
I've noticed an irritating "feature"..when braking by motor, completely closing throttle, the motor is "misfiring", resulting in a bumpy speed reduction..especially on 1 and 2 gear. Idling is ok though.
From my experience with cars, I've thought that all fuel should be cut when closing throttle at rpm's considerably higher than idling.

Is this normal for the CBF?

Just have to add that I removed a Power Commander + trim exhaust mufflers + ditto air filter just after I purchased the bike...hoping that would cure the issue..
Do the Honda dealers normally have access for re-mapping the ECU or set it back to original?

Grateful for any feedback

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
Re: Bumpy Ride / Misfire when motor brake
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2019, 02:25:56 PM »
The Power Commander normall bypasses the ECU, so if everything is back to standard, I would check for leaks in the exhaust or inlet systems.

Alan
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: Bumpy Ride / Misfire when motor brake
« Reply #2 on: 23 July, 2019, 09:33:29 AM »
Any alteration to the air intake or exhaust will have an effect on the fuelling. If its all back to the original standard then you need to investigate, start off by checking the vacuum hoses and the throttle body to air box ducts.

diverse-leafy