Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CBF1000 2006 A - Rear seat loose  (Read 257 times)

Offline NJD

• Bike: CBF1000A 06
CBF1000 2006 A - Rear seat loose
« on: 10 July, 2019, 11:33:46 PM »
Hi,

Just purchased a Honda CBF 1000 2006 (ABS) and notice that the rear seat wobbles a bit. Wondered if this was normal or if anyone has experienced this before?

Luggage rack makes fitting the seat a pain, and removing it (temporarily: the luggage rack) didn't help either.

Seat presses down and locks, and I've done my best to locate the hooks into the frame hoop but still seems wobbly.

Thanks in advance,
NJD.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: CBF1000 2006 A - Rear seat loose
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2019, 07:33:09 AM »
Its the way they are. The two front lugs are fairly secure but the rear of the seat is only secured by the latch mechanism which needs a little movement to operate. End result is a slight rocking movement (side to side and up and down play) to the rear of the seat. This shouldn't be noticeable once a pillion has taken position, their weight holding the seat firmly in place.

Offline NJD

« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2019, 08:24:38 AM »
Ok, thank-you for your response.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something from the underside of the seat or something needed tightening etc.

Will be ok for the most part as going to attach a Kriega bag with some heavy chains in when riding but seems like it would be easy/prone to being levered out by a thief.

Thanks again.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »
Fair point, it would be no match for an aspiring football player with a £2.98 7" utility bar secreted about his person.

links https://www.toolstation.com/roughneck-utility-bar/p14195?searchstr=utility%20bar

Offline oldtimer03

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000TA
  • City / Town: Bucks
« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2019, 03:51:51 PM »
It's worth checking that both the rear seat setting rubber blocks are still in place. They are set into the rear seat itself; one on either side. It's possible that one has got knocked out - unusual, but possible. I had this happen to me when I dropped the seat, the block somehow detached itself and magically proved impossible to find! (Why things that get dropped, seem to take on a life of their own and bounce miles away, is one of Sod's Laws I suppose!). Blasted things aren't cheap either, but Fowlers do have them.

Offline Silverdart

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A
  • City / Town: Kitchener ON
« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2019, 08:40:45 PM »
I'm with oldtimer03 on those rubber blocks.

My Mark 1 rear seat is a bit wobbly as well and it turns out one of the blocks had split. New block installed, seat's now nice and snug (or as snug as new, which left something to be desired).
Old enough to have seen it all, heard it all, done it all. Just can't remember it all.

Offline NJD

« Reply #6 on: 11 July, 2019, 10:48:05 PM »
Thanks for all the help (I've no idea how to up-rate the comments if that's a thing on here).

The rubber blocks look to be in good condition and are both present. I've installed the Kriega system today and wedging the hooks on the rear between the seat latch and the rear of the bike seems to have made all the difference.

Is it normal for the front seat to be able to be pulled away from the tank quite a bit on the riders seat? Not in as much as being removed but enough for there to be a good gap between the tank and the pointy bits of the seat facing forward that fit either side of the tank. No wonder Honda needed H.I.S.S if so.  :008:

Also need to source some mirrors that can be folded in towards the screen (the stem and the mirror) as the stock ones (or the ones I got with the bike) protrude further out than the handlebars and mean I can't get it in and out of storage with them fitted.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
« Reply #7 on: 12 July, 2019, 07:09:04 AM »
The front seat does have a little flex, less noticeable when set in the lower position where it tends to hug the tank more. In the midway and higher position a finger gap opens between the seat and tank and the flex more noticeable.

Offline DUBMARK

• Certavi et Vici
  • Bike: CBF1000 T-A
  • City / Town: BEDFORD
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 11:23:57 AM »
Yep there is a gap (too big in my opinion) have mine set on middle as lower was wayyy too low. Owners manual states to have it done by Conda specialshifts. ( own a spanner and a hammer 15 mins work job done..)   :028: :028:
"Karma works both ways ,you get what you give"