Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MRA for a Givi - Fingers crossed!!  (Read 875 times)

Offline Victorthou

• CBF Member
MRA for a Givi - Fingers crossed!!
« on: 19 June, 2019, 09:27:59 PM »
Bought a 2008 with a givi touring screen. It is quite high, the edge of the screen is about up to my nose. I thought it would offer a lot of protection but the wind noise is as bad as my old Naked bandit 600 so i've had a enough. Now i'm trying an MRA vario screen. It is a lot shorter but it has good reviews.  I've fitted it tonight so i'll get a chance to have quick test on my to work.  Fingers crossed!!

Offline wpbrown

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 A
  • City / Town: Portadown
Re: MRA for a Givi - Fingers crossed!!
« Reply #1 on: 19 June, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »
I fitted an MRA vario with Palmer Brackets. Totally transformed the screen. Gives so much more adjustment for height & angle of screen, would highly recommend. No more buffeting at all and can ride 50-60mph with visor up.

Offline moayling

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2015 MK 2 CBF
  • City / Town: Seaton. Devon.
« Reply #2 on: 20 June, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »
I’ve found that my MRA screen works best on the lower setting with a tap washer under the top bolts to push the top away from me a bit. Everything really depends on your height

Offline Frank666

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000A 2007
  • City / Town: Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: 22 June, 2019, 08:17:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Victorthou [+]
Bought a 2008 with a givi touring screen. It is quite high, the edge of the screen is about up to my nose. I thought it would offer a lot of protection but the wind noise is as bad as my old Naked bandit 600 so i've had a enough. Now i'm trying an MRA vario screen. It is a lot shorter but it has good reviews.  I've fitted it tonight so i'll get a chance to have quick test on my to work.  Fingers crossed!!

How did it go then?
cheers

Offline Victorthou

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 25 June, 2019, 09:40:15 PM »
Well overall disappointed. It is slightly better. But I was expecting a more cosseted ride. I have followed all the advice (2 washers behind the top part of the screen). Tried the wing at all angles). I think the biffer is a fantastic bike but I was expecting no wind behind the screen. I'll stick with the screen but I'll have to accept it's no pan european.

Offline wpbrown

• CBF Member
« Reply #5 on: 26 June, 2019, 10:33:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Victorthou [+]
Well overall disappointed. It is slightly better. But I was expecting a more cosseted ride. I have followed all the advice (2 washers behind the top part of the screen). Tried the wing at all angles). I think the biffer is a fantastic bike but I was expecting no wind behind the screen. I'll stick with the screen but I'll have to accept it's no pan european.

If you attach the MRA vario to the Palmer brackets you should find a marked difference. Totally transformed it for me.

http://palmerproducts.co.uk/

Offline Frank666

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000A 2007
  • City / Town: Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: 26 June, 2019, 07:44:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by wpbrown [+]
If you attach the MRA vario to the Palmer brackets you should find a marked difference. Totally transformed it for me.

http://palmerproducts.co.uk/

Do you have a couple of pics. of your bike with palmer brackets and MRA screen?
cheers

Offline Victorthou

• CBF Member
« Reply #7 on: 26 June, 2019, 10:01:55 PM »
Did the bracket fit straight on or did you need to make any adjustments? Also pictures would be good.

Offline wpbrown

• CBF Member
« Reply #8 on: 26 June, 2019, 10:21:11 PM »
The screen sits out more on the Palmer brackets allowing a flow of air behind it, which appears to be the secret. There is a considerable amount of adjustment for both height and angle using the easy thumb turn fasteners. From past experience with Madstad brackets I set my screen angle at about 65 degrees (used free iPhone app) which works best with me. I bought the accessory bar also for my sat nav holder.
« Last Edit: 26 June, 2019, 10:31:55 PM by wpbrown »

Offline wpbrown

• CBF Member
« Reply #9 on: 26 June, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »
Sorry, cant for the life of me manage to get photos to post right way round.

diverse-leafy