Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MRA for a Givi - Fingers crossed!!  (Read 773 times)

Offline wpbrown

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 A
  • City / Town: Portadown
Re: MRA for a Givi - Fingers crossed!!
« Reply #10 on: 26 June, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by wpbrown [+]
The screen sits out more on the Palmer brackets allowing a flow of air behind it, which appears to be the secret. There is a considerable amount of adjustment for both height and angle using the easy thumb turn fasteners. From past experience with Madstad brackets I set my screen angle at about 65 degrees (used free iPhone app) which works best with me. I bought the accessory bar also for my sat nav holder.

Was a simple job to fit, no adjustments necessary. Old screen off and new one fitted on Palmer brackets in about 20 minutes.

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
Re: MRA for a Givi - Fingers crossed!!
« Reply #11 on: 27 June, 2019, 10:35:38 PM »
Thought I would add my experience of screens. Bought my 09 biffer in March of this year. It had a taller than standard screen fitted (givi). I thought it looked a good item, however as stated previously it seemed to direct the wind straight at my face. The original came with the bike, so I thought if I changed them it might direct the wind lower.
Before changing them over I read on the forum about the Palmer brackets. I liked the idea of being able to have different settings. Got the brackets, fitted my givi screen. Tried different settings until I was happy, thought that the setting to make the screen the tallest/biggest would be the best, however for me more of a middle setting is best.
I find myself riding with my visor up a lot of the time, or almost closed, with fully closed used less often.
As I havenít used the original screen on the Palmer brackets, I swapped them over tonight. Didnít try all the adjustments,but found myself closing my visor quite early compared to the givi setup. Got back and swapped back, so as to test on the same roads on the same night. With the brackets and givi screen I feel like I could ride all day at motorway speeds without a visor no problem. I get wind hitting my shoulders, thatís why I tried the original screen, but this is something I will probably forget about now as it is not my main concern.