Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Well as expected, a Fail.  (Read 294 times)

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Well as expected, a Fail.
« on: 10 June, 2019, 02:54:18 PM »
 "She who must be obeyed" took the Biffer for its MOT today, and as she was leaving, I noticed the brake light switch wasn't working, she went anyway knowing that it may fail, but I was also wanting to know if there were any other issues, apparently not, so a new brake switch has been ordered, so all I have to do now is wait for Postman Pat to bring the new one and I'll fit it, and of course fix the damage she has done to the bike after dropping it   :172: :172: :172:
« Last Edit: 10 June, 2019, 02:55:08 PM by Ianrobbo1 »
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Online pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
Re: Well as expected, a Fail.
« Reply #1 on: 11 June, 2019, 02:36:41 AM »
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. Hope there's not too much damage (to your bike and your marriage).  :038:

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: 11 June, 2019, 12:52:28 PM »
The most common fault with brake light switches is dirt/water ingress and can normally be put to rights with a goodly spray of WD40 (other water dispersants are available).

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Scuba divers do it with masks on!!
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #3 on: 14 June, 2019, 11:53:11 AM »
A bit of an update, ref the brake light switch, its arrived and now on, but what a job, the small spring was a real pain to try and get off without breaking something, I ended up getting a "bit" angry, :038: with it and what do you know, the blooming thing came straight off!! the new switch went on with no bother, I've just to set it up correctly now,

PS, My eldest, as well as my girlfriend,  couldn't, believe I didn't do my nut over the damage she did when she dropped the bike, not that there was much anyway.  :019:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 17 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

diverse-leafy