Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: changing the windshield back to the standard one  (Read 349 times)

Offline irisrOy

• Bike: Honda VFR 800
  • City / Town: Lappersdorf
changing the windshield back to the standard one
« on: 01 May, 2019, 08:34:42 PM »
Heyho there!

I recently bought a CBF 1000. The previous owner installed an aftermarket windshield as he's a little taller than average.
Now I'm exactly average, and the shield is a bit high for me, thus resulting in a lot of buffeting and noise.
When riding I tested, I moved my head a little higher, where the wind would be coming from if the windshield were shorter, and it's more comfortable that way.

So I wanted to take off the aftermarket windwhield. But when trying to turn one of the four screws, the rubber just keeps screeching and the screw will return to its previous position, it will just "re-wind" itself.

So I stopped prodding and ask you:

Should I just push through and "screw" the screw out, even if the rubber keeps screeching, or is there maybe another way to loose the screw that's "bitten" into the rubber washer/mount?

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
Re: changing the windshield back to the standard one
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
Try WD40 in there. There's a brass collet inside the rubber bit.

Alan
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline irisrOy

• Bike: Honda VFR 800
  • City / Town: Lappersdorf
Re: changing the windshield back to the standard one
« Reply #2 on: 03 May, 2019, 01:02:00 PM »
thanks for the tip! I did not know there was a brass collet inside the rubber-piece. That explains the behaviour of this part.

diverse-leafy