Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TPS / Mechanic  (Read 381 times)

Offline Mat75

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 FAB
  • City / Town: Farnham
TPS / Mechanic
« on: 15 May, 2019, 05:55:44 PM »
If anyone could assist!

Iím based in Farnham, Surrey. Looking for a good independent mechanic in the nearby area. I took my bike into Honda main dealer in London 2 months ago and came up with a fault on TPS (Running very rough and stalling). I had a feeling this may have been caused by my over enthusiastic cleaning (jet wash) I recently ordered a new sensor fitted and set it up correctly. Itís now reading perfectly and starts/runs well on idle. Bike is still lurching and running like a dog though. Itís time for me to get a more qualified mechanic to hopefully fix it. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
Re: TPS / Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2019, 10:05:56 PM »
Might be a long shot, but it's probably worth using the jolly nice weather we're having and let the bike soak up some sun. There's possibly an outside chance that any lingering moisture that might be causing the problem will evaporate.

If the problem is still moisture, it could also be perhaps one of the leads shorting, which could happen under load but not at idle. Perhaps sitting it on the centre stand and giving it some guns whilst you have a squint around after dark could reveal that.

Living in Cumbria, I can't help you with anyone in Surrey though.

Offline Mat75

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2019, 10:02:52 AM »
Thanks mate. Much appreciated. The bike is thoroughly dry tbh. I think itís something else. Just very annoying!

Offline g5guzzi

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: cbf1000fa
  • City / Town: kirton lincs
« Reply #3 on: 16 May, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »
Where did you get the tps from i bought one
that didnt last the road test and another one that came apart when i pressed the centre.
The one i got from the link below worked. the first one lasted 2 years on the 2nd one now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auto-Parts-Original-Throttle-position-sensor-OEM-JT6H-Genuine-TPS-For-Honda-JAZZ-For-Wholesale-Retail/32660577267.html
Malc

Offline Mat75

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 16 May, 2019, 10:31:09 PM »
Thanks very much. Well, after investigation I may have bought a dud. I did see this website but was trying to get one from the UK. If I have no luck Iíll order from here. Thanks so much for the message, hopefully Iíll get back on the road very soon!