Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Want to ride in Sunny Australia? Well I want to visit Pommyland.  (Read 309 times)

Offline Newcastlepete

• Bike: CBF1000a
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Hi, Im Pete a 63 year old Aussie and just had a thought. Don't laugh....we think as well as you guys!
Anyone interested in a swap for a month?
Just putting it out there. My bike is a 2008, 33000kms and immaculate. Has panniers so ready to tour.
Id like to see if anyone wants to swap bikes for a month so I can ride in the Motherland, and some lucky lad can ride in the new world.The land of two pound Poms!!
Obviously we would need to sort insurance etc but the nature of the deal is a swap like for like of a roadworthy bike without issues.....known that is.
I envisage a full service and check both ways and off we go.
With a bit of email exchange we can help each other to plan our routes and give advise.
Any takers?
Pete
newcastlepete@gmail.com

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
Re: Want to ride in Sunny Australia? Well I want to visit Pommyland.
« Reply #1 on: 14 May, 2019, 09:04:53 PM »
Hi ,Pete .I am in Essex,U.K. & visit my son in Perth 2- yearly. Where is Newcastle please ,although not really important. I am on a2009 CBF 1000 @ 12 K miles in vgc. Ed.

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2019, 09:50:48 PM »
Tempted but my wife won't let me, she don't ride pillion any more. We too visit Australia every other year my eldest has been resident in Berowra Waters for the last 12 years. Someone should grab that offer with both hands.

Newcastle is half wayish between Sydney and Brisbane. In 2009 I got attacked by some Jumbo ants there.

edit - The wife has just corrected me Nambucca Heads is the halfway point between Sydney and Brisbane, Newcastle is just 100 up the Pacific Motorway from Sydney a quarter of the way to Brisbane.
« Last Edit: 14 May, 2019, 09:57:29 PM by Art »

Offline Newcastlepete

• Bike: CBF1000a
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2019, 11:19:50 PM »
Newcastle is 100 mile north of Sydney. Basically any rider would fly to Sydney connect to a train at the airport and then train to Newcastle.
A gentle introduction to the quiet roads and rolling hills that await....
Also I should mention I have a severe aversion to cold so would need to do this in your summer or shoulder.
Given Australia has great weather one day, and perfect the next, I would suggest heading north from Newcastle into the warmer northern area.
Having said this it really depends on what you like....
Pete

diverse-leafy