Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: installing oxford heated grips  (Read 162 times)

Offline gibbet2

• Bike: Honda cbf 1000
  • City / Town: Belfast
installing oxford heated grips
« on: 31 May, 2019, 11:07:45 AM »
hello everyone, new member here, recently bought a 2007 cbf 1000, and am well pleased with it so far. i am currently installing oxford touring heated grips, and have came to the point of having to route the wiring loom thru to the battery, if anyone here has fitted these i would love to know how they routed all the wiring through the frame, panel removal needed etc? i have looked at lots of you tube vids but none really help with this part of the install. any help would be appreciated. many thanks in advance, Kevin.

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: installing oxford heated grips
« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2019, 11:26:10 AM »
Remove right hand panel. Lift fuel tank prop up tank.  Loads of room under fuel tank to route wiring to battery area.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: 31 May, 2019, 11:38:59 AM »
As above, lift the tank and routing becomes obvious. Have a couple of cable ties to hand and connect to battery via a switched relay.

Offline gibbet2

• Bike: Honda cbf 1000
  • City / Town: Belfast
« Reply #3 on: 31 May, 2019, 11:42:15 AM »
many thanks, is it possible to do without removing tank? not sure how to do this

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: 31 May, 2019, 12:32:20 PM »
No need to “remove” the tank. It hinges up like a car bonnet. Remove two bolts at front lift then prop up. Loads of room around frame area to route wiring. Possible yes without lifting tank, but would be nice to route wiring nice n tidy and cable tie out of the way under tank.

diverse-leafy