Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Will not start  (Read 549 times)

Offline Neiljt123

• Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Staffordshire
Will not start
« on: 06 May, 2019, 02:41:42 PM »
Hi all over the last few weeks when trying to start my F1 light stayed on and the petrol pump would not work but turning the key of and on would then let me start my bike, but now the F1 light will not go off and as a result the bike will not start just turns over.
My bike is a ABS 2007 model, can anybody help.

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: Will not start
« Reply #1 on: 06 May, 2019, 04:08:34 PM »
1) Test 10A fuse D (starter, bank angle)
2) Test 20A fuse F (ignition, fuel pump)
3) Pull FI error codes (motorcycle on side stand, kill switch run, press and hold starter button for 10 seconds, during which the FI light should flash any trouble codes)

Offline Neiljt123

« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »
Where abouts on the bike are these fuses

Offline Neiljt123

« Reply #3 on: 06 May, 2019, 05:27:51 PM »
Just checked them and all ok but still the F1 light stays on and no fuel pump and the bike just turns over.

Online Art

• CBF Master
« Reply #4 on: 07 May, 2019, 05:21:17 AM »
Checking the fuses could be a mistake, you wouldn't be the first to miss a failed fuse on a visual check! Apologises if you did in fact test the fuses for continuity.

2a) On ABS models fuse F under the seat is the red 10A ABS fuse. The fuel pump/ignition fuse is the yellow 20A fuse G found alongside the battery, the other two here are H and I green 30A ABS system fuses.

Was there any stored fault codes?

Fault codes can be read off, as above, with motorcycle on side stand, kill switch at run, press and hold starter button for 10 seconds, during which time the FI light should flash any fault codes. No flash = no code, one short flash = 1, two short flashes = 2 etc. One long flash = 10,  two long flashes = 20. Long pause between flashes = fault code separator.

Offline Neiljt123

« Reply #5 on: 07 May, 2019, 06:30:37 PM »
After checking all fuses and wiring it was this plug which when we taped it the F1 light went off and the petrol pump came on.
What I may need help with is what is it called and can you get replacements.

Online Art

• CBF Master
« Reply #6 on: 08 May, 2019, 09:43:02 AM »
The connector being faulty may be too obvious. Seems to me you've identified either a loose connection or a short. I'd be inclined to check the pins, crimps and wiring.