Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Insurance help - GT owners  (Read 472 times)

Online davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
Insurance help - GT owners
« on: 14 April, 2019, 11:32:20 AM »
Hi: Got my renewal insurance quote thro from present insurance agents ( Principal Insurance) on Friday for my CBF1000FA-C GT, and want to start getting quotes from other companies this week. The problem is that over the last 3 years I have had real trouble getting quotes for a GT, nobody seems to recognise it as a Honda model, and I have had to insure the bike in the past as a basic CBF1000-FA with the GT extras ( e.g. lower fairing, panniers etc) as add on's/modifications.

Anyone else have the same problem and how have you got over this problem - or anyone know of a insurance company which accepts a GT as a Honda model.
« Last Edit: 14 April, 2019, 11:35:20 AM by davidjg »

Offline Oldgit

• Bike: Cbf1000 gt
  • City / Town: Evesham
Re: Insurance help - GT owners
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2019, 03:30:10 PM »
My 2017 gt is insured with Bennets, no proble at all.

Online davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »
Thanks Oldgit. Have been ringing around insurance agents today and Bennet's were the only ones who recognised a GT and were also £20 cheaper than the next nearest quote  - they were also the most helpful and knowledgeable about bikes. Hastings even bluntly refused to give me a quote because they did not recognise a GT as being a Honda motorbike and were not even prepared to hear the difference between a non GT and a GT and treat the panniers etc as extras fitted to a non GT.
« Last Edit: 16 April, 2019, 04:36:41 PM by davidjg »

Offline Leofric

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: 16 April, 2019, 08:04:37 PM »
I didn't have any trouble insuring my CBF1000FA with accessories through Bikesure ( who MAG recommend )
Can't see why they would have a problem with the GT model.

diverse-leafy