Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Molten-Core, that's me  (Read 796 times)

Offline Molten-Core

• Bike: CBF1000FA 2011
  • City / Town: Brussels
Molten-Core, that's me
« on: 23 March, 2019, 08:59:00 PM »
Hello people,

I wrote my nickname in the title like everyone that read the sticky should but not much people do, this is just an observation, it is also an invitation for you to observe that i do follow rules, even though i don't like rules, rules are not supposed to be disobeyed, i think they can be challenged and updated or altered through many ways, disobeying them is not a valid course of action, that is just my opinion.

I had a few honda models, as far as i can tell they were the best bikes, each for a reason, they all shared something, they were reliable, so i got myself a CBF1000FA 2011.

I live in Brussels, do R&D in 3D printing for a living, build a lot of gadgets and contraptions to bend environment to something that suits me, cbf will probably be no different, she is already quite an amazing bike, hopefully i can make it even better for my needs, i might even share those contraptions with the community, that could be a cool thing, i just hope i will be able to make em safe enough.

I do sound arrogant, yet i am not, i like to go straight to the point.

Best regards.

Offline Silverdart

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A
  • City / Town: Kitchener ON
Re: Molten-Core, that's me
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2019, 09:41:33 PM »
Welcome from Canada!  :405:
Old enough to have seen it all, heard it all, done it all. Just can't remember it all.

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #2 on: 24 March, 2019, 06:21:59 AM »
Straight talkers always welcome.  :028:

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: 24 March, 2019, 08:27:05 AM »
Just tell us how it is, welcome to CBF1000 ownership.

Offline Molten-Core

« Reply #4 on: 24 March, 2019, 11:54:21 AM »
So far it has been a pleasure, sometimes it feels like an upgraded vfr vtec, loved that bike and i already love this one even better, the accelerations are so smooth, and it manage to pull in any gear, which is amazing, event at 6th speed in highway.

Braking feels so secure, and the upright position helps my back ache.

So, yeah, overall i am very happy with this bike, i hope i will keep it for many years to come, yesterday i noticed som noise, did some chain tensioning, the noise has diminished but not totally gone, it comes from the back of the bike, either right or left, i can't discern a pattern, there is also some noise that can be heard while idling, reminds me of the cam chain tensioners of the vfr at the time, i hope i wont have to spend a lot of money fixing that...

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #5 on: 24 March, 2019, 02:44:38 PM »
Hi.

:405:
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
« Reply #6 on: 24 March, 2019, 04:47:39 PM »
The noise at the rear maybe chain noise due to worn out chain or wheel out of alignment (count the threads on the wheel tensioner to be sure), maybe a rear wheel bearing there are three (when was it last MOT's?)

Cam chain tensioner rattle is a very distinctive rattle, unlikely to mistake for anything else.

What sort of mileage has it done?

Offline Molten-Core

« Reply #7 on: 24 March, 2019, 05:16:38 PM »
i just pushed some more tests, it's the rear wheel bearing, i am 90% sure of that, the chain was tended to 2 days ago, and the wheel is correctly aligned, i say so because it's my mechanic that did so.

In belgium we don't have any kind of mot, this vehicules totals 43000 km right now.

So that solves the problem at the rear, but not in the front, given we are close to the 48k inspection, i think the front noise comes from the valves.

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #8 on: 24 March, 2019, 05:42:35 PM »
Hi,M-C. Noticed a lot of main drive chain noise when I got my 2009 recently so adjusted tension which caused some improvement.Only got an acceptable level of noise when I found that the joining link had been very poorly fitted and was causing  improper tensioning because not all of the links at that point were suitably mobile!.Have now ensured mobility & tensioned to accommodate the tightest position of the chain when rotated carefully by hand,Might be useful.Ed.( p.s. also added a chain oiler.Loob-Man/Tech,£17 delivered,Ebay).

Offline Art

• CBF Master
« Reply #9 on: 24 March, 2019, 05:56:22 PM »
Inspection of the cam chain tensioner is a very simple procedure. Its probably best to check the valve clearances at the 48k service especially if you don't know if it was done at 24k. If you're into DIY or want a guide for your mechanic there's some very good write ups in

Technical Articles Overview section at https://www.cbf1000.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=15
Valve clearance inspection at  http://www.fireblader.dk/i_files/mc011.htm
Valve clearance adjustment at http://www.fireblader.dk/i_files/valvejob/valvejob.htm
You can also download a service manual at https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ukwp6irqru2k12/CBF1000-All.zip?dl=0