Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mk2 side light bulb replacement  (Read 332 times)

Offline ramiller

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Mk1 CBF1000
  • City / Town: WAKEFIELD
Mk2 side light bulb replacement
« on: 22 March, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »
Hi Chaps,

Any advice on how to change the side light bulb on my Mk2.

Got the handbook and that says I have to remove the fairing, but not very clear on how  to do it

Thanks

Offline g5guzzi

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: cbf1000fa
  • City / Town: kirton lincs
Re: Mk2 side light bulb replacement
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2019, 08:42:29 PM »
It can be done without removing the fairing
but is a bit of a fiddle. I did it on mine when i
fitted led bulbs in the side lights. can't remember
exactly how i did it though
Malc

Offline ramiller

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 22 March, 2019, 08:49:09 PM »
Hi, yes I have tried that by removing the plastic trim on the inner, doing this exposes the light unit, but then it needs prising off the two lugs, I wasnít happy doing this in case they broke, I too have bought LED bulbs but thinking itís probably not worth the effort to change them.
Thanks
Bob

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #3 on: 25 March, 2019, 09:56:18 AM »
It can be done, but you have to take off the fairing side panels.
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain

Offline cbrog

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #4 on: 25 March, 2019, 10:02:33 AM »
I changed mine by removing the top bolt next to the tank which just gave a little flex to the fairing without moving it , but I do have long slim fingers  :001: removing the fairing is not that difficult but the little plastic clips ae easily broken . buy some before (there are loads on ebay)

Offline Almekinders

• Bike: CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: Zwolle
« Reply #5 on: 08 April, 2019, 08:14:25 PM »
When you really want or need to remove the fairing you have to remove the mirror on that side as well as the one bolt you see close to the tank. Then gently pull the panel loose working from the tank towards the headlight. There is also a connection at the bottom where the panel is fitted to the radiator. It's not at all difficult but you need a gentle hand and some patience. The running light is in a rubber fitting that can easily be pulled backwards. If you know where it is, how it 'feels' and have some patience it can be done without removing the panel. Above the running light is the indicator light which cannot be pulled out but needs a little turn beforehand (clockwise or counterclockwise, I can't remember, just see which direction it moves) and then it can be pulled backwards. What really is handy in these cases is a little mirror like the one a dentist uses to see how it all is positioned.

Offline ramiller

• CBF Member
« Reply #6 on: 08 April, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
Hi thanks for that, but you mention gentle hand and patience to which I struggle with both, Iíve come round to the idea of leaving it, also I donít think plastic panels ever go back on exactly the same way as the factory do them, I would be constantly checking gap sizes and listening for rattling, Iím a stickler for things being absolutely perfect
Thanks anyway
Bob
« Last Edit: 08 April, 2019, 08:27:09 PM by ramiller »

Offline Ali-bear

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Mk2 Biffer
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #7 on: 09 April, 2019, 10:36:46 AM »
The Honda is well put together, but you are right it is a fiddly business and could be expensive if you break one of the panels.
When I did it I combined the operation with getting a power supply to my sat-nav. I took it from the side light wiring on the left side.
« Last Edit: 09 April, 2019, 10:37:42 AM by Ali-bear »
Designed in Japan, assembled in Italy, fiddled with in Britain