Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member.  (Read 1532 times)

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: New member.
« Reply #20 on: 20 March, 2019, 06:37:18 PM »
If you're unsure about the biffer (and they still have your vfr if p/ex'd) consider rejecting the sale - at only a few days in now is the only real chance of pulling that one off.

After that, bin the dealer and you find plenty of help on here.

If you keep it, and the dealer 'fixes' it, be sure to find out exactly what (they thought) it was and exactly what they have changed/replaced/repaired - all useful knowledge for the future.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
« Reply #21 on: 20 March, 2019, 07:18:31 PM »
I have to give them a chance to fix it and to be fair they picked it up very promptly,hopefully they will sort it and all will be well but have asked for a full break down of what they have found and thus done.Tomorrow I will ring them as I have heard nothing for 2 days,dont know whether that's a good thing or bad thing but will find out in the morning.

Offline Leofric

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #22 on: 20 March, 2019, 08:50:31 PM »
If  it's a Honda dealer they should have the diagnostic equipment that will tell them what is causing the problem. I would be interested to know what happens if it is not a Honda dealership, do they have the necessary diagnostic equipment ? The last time I had my bike serviced (not a Honda dealer as my Honda dealer is quite a distance away ) they made a point of saying mechanical service only , which I thought  implied they could not deal with any electronic issues.
ps think I will just have it serviced at the Honda dealer next time anyway.

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #23 on: 20 March, 2019, 11:53:27 PM »
Reading the codes is no big deal, any respectable garage will be able to do that.

The real deal when booking in for a service is knowing exactly what you're being offered. Whatever they call it it's what gets done that counts. Most dealers refer to 'interim' 'full' and 'extended'  services but what you get can vary wildly even at a Main Honda Dealer.

Offline chay

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Red 2014 MkII GT
  • City / Town: Tranent
« Reply #24 on: 21 March, 2019, 08:05:45 AM »
I think I'd be asking why the dealer ain't bustin a gut to fix your bike, Bluefox, and why they haven't been keeping you informed on a regular basis as to progress. Here in Tranent we have Eclipse, which is mainly a scooter / retro dealership but do maintenance & MOTs and I've found Gordon and his guys very good .

Having re-read my post I see I got a couple of things wrong :-

My VFR800 did need a replacement stator (after 5 years) but the replacement is still going fine.

And I'm 66  not 67.

Old age ehhh!!!

Chay
Full luggage, Metzeler Z8s (lots of tread left but squared off after 5k miles).

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
« Reply #25 on: 22 March, 2019, 02:57:59 PM »
Well its coming back this afternoon,they say it was the throttle position sensor and they have ran it for 10 miles and was behaving properly.Will find out tomorrow as its our clubs egg run which is a 100 mile round trip for me,if its not right back it will go.One of the lads on the run is a Honda mechanic who I don't see very often but will able to get a full heads up from him.

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #26 on: 22 March, 2019, 05:25:49 PM »
Good luck with that.

Plenty of reading to do here then (search is your friend).

See the rest of your stories in new threads.
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
« Reply #27 on: 22 March, 2019, 07:06:18 PM »
So I didn't even bring it home.Picked it up took it for a ride and 4 miles in just the same,apparently the tps sensor was wet and dirty so they cleaned it up and put it back on!!!!Monday they are going to fit a new sensor,if its not 100% then I demand my money back.

Offline stu1000

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000-A
  • City / Town: Warrington
« Reply #28 on: 22 March, 2019, 07:12:47 PM »
I can feel your confidence in them draining away...  :006:

A poor show.

Online phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #29 on: 22 March, 2019, 08:50:02 PM »
Don’t be put of owning a CBF. The one you’ve been sold may not be the right one, but there are plenty of good machines out there.  :028: