Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member.  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
Re: New member.
« Reply #10 on: 18 March, 2019, 07:27:17 PM »
Well not going to well so far,2 days and under 40 miles and its back with the dealer,FI light came on after a few miles and started to judder,limped home and was picked up today VFR never missed a beat in years,lets hope its a minor problem and comes back quickly and runs like a Honda should.

Offline Silverdart

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A
  • City / Town: Kitchener ON
« Reply #11 on: 18 March, 2019, 07:43:58 PM »
That's unfortunate.

Please keep us posted and what's needed to get it sorted. It sincerely sounds out-of-character for the Biffer.
Old enough to have seen it all, heard it all, done it all. Just can't remember it all.

Offline chay

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Red 2014 MkII GT
  • City / Town: Tranent
« Reply #12 on: 18 March, 2019, 09:00:33 PM »
Hi Bluefox.

I had a 1998 VFR800 for many trouble free years and found it an excellent bike. Then 2 years ago gave it to my son who still uses it on the Isle of Man. I'm 67 and found my neck and wrists were getting sore unless I was pushing on. I thought about bar risers but didn't progress it. I find the CBF really comfy, seats at the low setting cos I'm a 29" leg, and yes wind noise can be frustrating. When I meet up with my son we swap bikes (mainly by reason of nostalgia) and I find the VFR too extreme and can't wait to get back on the CBF. My son likes it too. Hope your problem gets sorted pronto.
 best regards. Chay
Full luggage, Metzeler Z8s (lots of tread left but squared off after 5k miles).

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
« Reply #13 on: 18 March, 2019, 09:25:33 PM »
Hoping it's just something simple and is back soon.The bar risers and lowering kit make a big difference to the riding position and comfort of the vfr and I used to ride non stop til it needed refuelling with no worries but I do like the more upright seating position of the cbf

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #14 on: 19 March, 2019, 08:42:28 AM »
I tried the VFR1200, but found it too sportier riding position, before settling on a MK2 CBF. Had it over six years and still finding it a great bike for everything.  :001:

I’ve got 29” inside leg, but have the seat on the middle setting. When I’m kitted out for touring the low position is too low for me.

Have you got the MK1 or MK2?

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
« Reply #15 on: 19 March, 2019, 04:36:58 PM »
Its a low mileage 59 reg so guess that makes it a mark1

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #16 on: 19 March, 2019, 04:47:24 PM »
A Mk I will be right or (if seeking spare parts) an SC58 as Honda prefers it to be known as.

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
« Reply #17 on: 19 March, 2019, 05:27:02 PM »
Thanks Art,hoping when I get it back everything will be ok for a while

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #18 on: 20 March, 2019, 11:19:46 AM »
You could have read off the fault by the number of flashes of the FI lamp, for now you'll have to rely on the diagnosis of the dealer assuming it has some warranty that shouldn't be a problem other than the down time of being without. Since the engine went into limp home mode there are are just four sensors that could cause this:

MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure)
TP (Throttle Position)
ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature)
IAT (Intake Air Temperature)

Unfortunately some of the test procedures involve replacing the ECM (Engine Control Module) with a new or known good unit, a moderately expensive box of tricks for what it is. Hopefully its a simple matter of a poor connection or failed sensor. Failed ECM's are few and far between and almost as rare as hens teeth.

hoping you get it back soonest

Offline Bluefox

• CBF Member
« Reply #19 on: 20 March, 2019, 04:21:13 PM »
Thanks for that Art,it was flashing quite a few times but to be honest never counted them as was so pissed off as Id only had it a day and was serviced valeted and MOTd the day before.Luckily as its from a dealer it comes with a warrenty,just didn't expect to have to use it after 1 day.2 days later still had no phone call from the dealer,so still don't know whats wrong with it.