Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member.  (Read 1796 times)

Online Bluefox

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
New member.
« on: 16 March, 2019, 09:50:32 AM »
Today I say a very sad and reluctant goodbye to my beloved VFR800,she has been the most fantastic reliable bike.I am part exchanging her for a CBF1000 but still have this nagging doubt in my head am I doing the right thing,decided on a CBF after reading all the reviews as Im a Honda guy through and through and a lot of my miles are done going to rallies and touring and as Im now over 60 decided to go for a bit more comfort-still am I doing the right thing?

Offline Shed

• CBF Pro
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: New member.
« Reply #1 on: 16 March, 2019, 10:16:50 AM »
 :401: :730: :730:

The VFR is a cracking bike, but I'm sure you'll find the Biffer a worthy & enjoyable replacement.  :028:

Online Bluefox

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 16 March, 2019, 12:19:51 PM »
Picked up from dealer and just done a 20 mile test ride in horrendous wind,a lot softer suspension so thus kinder on the old joints.Very comfortable riding position and lovely and smooth through the gears,mind you the vfr was comfortable as I had had a lowering kit put on and bar risers to make it more upright to ride.So far first impressions of the CBF are very good

Offline Silverdart

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A
  • City / Town: Kitchener ON
« Reply #3 on: 16 March, 2019, 02:17:39 PM »
I"m the same age as you, Bluefox, and here are a couple of things I've learned about the Biffer:

• The seat, for me at least, is a wee bit uncomfortable for long rides, so I ended up getting an Airhawk Cruiser Medium inflatable which makes all the difference in the world.
  • Wind noise can be a problem so I tossed the stock windscreen and replaced it with an MRA touring windshield and am very glad I did.
Old enough to have seen it all, heard it all, done it all. Just can't remember it all.

Online Bluefox

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 16 March, 2019, 04:07:20 PM »
Mine has a touring screen fitted and it seems to do the job,certainly a lot less buffeting than the VFR.As regards the comfort of the seat I will have to reserve judgement on that til Ive done a long journey.

Offline Pan404

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: ELGIN
« Reply #5 on: 16 March, 2019, 10:44:51 PM »
Welcome Bluefox, I'm just the right side of 60 and also find the Biffer to be a great all round bike. Its easy to ride and has enough grunt if you need it. For me the seat is good for about 150 miles so I carry my Airhawk in case its needed.  :005:

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
« Reply #6 on: 17 March, 2019, 08:15:54 PM »
Welcome Bluefox, I am new to the cbf 1000. Only managed a few miles so far, but early impressions feel great, and just makes me want to get more miles in.
Never had the VFR, so it will be good to hear what you think after you have had time to compare.

Offline Leofric

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #7 on: 18 March, 2019, 12:15:49 AM »
Silverdart , ' Wind noise can be a problem so I tossed the stock windscreen and replaced it with an MRA touring windshield and am very glad I did ', what height setting do you find is best for MRA screen ? I found the higher the standard screen the worse the wind noise/buffeting and cut down a second hand screen to get it as low as possible. Do you think the openings in the MRA screen help ?

Offline Silverdart

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A
  • City / Town: Kitchener ON
« Reply #8 on: 18 March, 2019, 01:21:20 PM »
Yes, I think it's the openings on the MRA screen that are making the difference. With those openings, you get less of a low-pressure zone behind the windscreen, therefore less buffeting which means less wind noise.

As far as height, I just used the regular holes and pins, no modifications. Now, bear in mind that I didn't get the extra "spoiler" that's available for some MRA screens, I just use the regular windscreen. Perhaps that might make even more of a difference - I sincerely can't say one way or the other - but I'm happy with what I have now.  :002:
Old enough to have seen it all, heard it all, done it all. Just can't remember it all.

Offline Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #9 on: 18 March, 2019, 04:53:41 PM »
Welcome Bluefox. I've completed the RBLR 1000 (1000 miles in 24 hours) on the CBF with stock seat, stock screen, stock bars and its all good. Not saying it wouldn't be better with the MRA and/or Airhawk they are two things I've considered along with a visit to Viking Seats and have yet to completely dismiss the ideas.

Replacement screen/seat or not you'll be fine.

Happy Days.