Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CBF Newbie! What are some things to watch for? btw- Hello all!  (Read 1819 times)

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
Re: CBF Newbie! What are some things to watch for? btw- Hello all!
« Reply #10 on: 17 February, 2019, 04:25:50 PM »
 :401:

Offline Almekinders

• Bike: CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: Zwolle
« Reply #11 on: 02 March, 2019, 09:07:42 PM »
Welcome, I have a 2010 MK2 with about 130.000 km on it. The kind of vibrations you describe are in my opinion and experience absolutely not normal. If they would be everyone would be complaining because that amount of RPM is where many are most of the time. Mirrors should be without vibrations all the time. I hope your exhaust change back to normal works.

Offline raYzerman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: FJR1300A CBF1000
  • City / Town: Millgrove, ON
« Reply #12 on: 12 May, 2019, 09:50:32 PM »
Newbie myself, also from Ontario.... been lusting after one of these bikes for years, and I am seeing one or two I might just go for here.  One of these is in my future!!
As far as vibration goes, it can be many things..... wheel balance (you just think it is at a certain rpm, pull the clutch in), throttle body sync, and a bit of the old all in-line fours have a vibration at 4000-ish rpm...... however, this engine is one of the absolute smoothest out there..... hope you can nail it down.

Offline raYzerman

• CBF Member
« Reply #13 on: 15 June, 2019, 04:17:52 AM »
Just an update.... long story, but through some strange logic and circumstances, I ended up with two Biffers, a  black '08 and a red '09..... just went for a riding event on the twisty roads of southeast Ohio and it handled great, and I certainly noticed the difference in weight from the FJR.  However, I'm spoiled by the FJR, and need to work on the windshield, seat and handlebars a bit to make it a true sport tourer.... and one of the Biffers will be sold.
I feel the vibes you gents are talking about, but it's not all that annoying to me.  It's easy to shift gears to move into a different rpm zone, and the bike is quite happy at 5000.  Still the smoothest power delivery of any bike I've ridden.  All is going on hold for a couple of weeks while I take the FJR to Quebec, Gaspe and the Adirondacks.... maybe we should have an Ontario ride to eat meeting or something in July?
« Last Edit: 15 June, 2019, 04:18:39 AM by raYzerman »

Online Eh2zed

• I know...no wait...I don't know..
  • Bike: CBF1000AT8
  • City / Town: Port Hope, ONT.
« Reply #14 on: 21 July, 2019, 10:14:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by raYzerman [+]
Just an update.... long story, but through some strange logic and circumstances, I ended up with two Biffers, a  black '08 and a red '09..... just went for a riding event on the twisty roads of southeast Ohio and it handled great, and I certainly noticed the difference in weight from the FJR.  However, I'm spoiled by the FJR, and need to work on the windshield, seat and handlebars a bit to make it a true sport tourer.... and one of the Biffers will be sold.
I feel the vibes you gents are talking about, but it's not all that annoying to me.  It's easy to shift gears to move into a different rpm zone, and the bike is quite happy at 5000.  Still the smoothest power delivery of any bike I've ridden.  All is going on hold for a couple of weeks while I take the FJR to Quebec, Gaspe and the Adirondacks.... maybe we should have an Ontario ride to eat meeting or something in July?

Guess what? I just joined this site after buying a black Biffer from some guy in Millgrove Ontario. You might know him. :001:
My Biffer has a neutral light that pulses intermittently. Any ideas? I'm thinking I should replace the switch which Honda says requires removal of the engine. :192:
Thankfully this site came up with a Plan B that should solve the issue in about half an hour. So I'm not pissed at the guy who sold me the bike.
Just saying.....

Offline raYzerman

• CBF Member
« Reply #15 on: 22 July, 2019, 01:27:37 PM »
Oh that guy!  I know him...... I wasn't aware of the N light issue or I woulda fixed it... I had not ridden that bike very much, but curious how you fixed it.  Typically some bikes need the neutral switch taken off and cleaned but not usually with low mileage.  Hope all is well and you got the bike all plated and are riding it.  If I can help, let me know.
Meanwhile, I am plugging away with tweaks to ergonomics (seat, windshield, etc.) but enjoying it just the same.

Online Eh2zed

• I know...no wait...I don't know..
  • Bike: CBF1000AT8
  • City / Town: Port Hope, ONT.
« Reply #16 on: 22 July, 2019, 03:06:29 PM »
The bike is fantastic. I'm not going to address the neutral light issue until the end of riding season. Perhaps I'll engage the services of someone who has experience on the Biffer.....
I do have a question though. I've only ridden 500kms so far and that's not enough for me to know if a 2nd issue is related to operator miscalculation or an issue with the gearbox. Is it possible for the dogs of a higher gear to engage or partially engage before the dogs of the lower gear disengage?