Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What's this?  (Read 456 times)

Offline Domaged

• Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Scarborough
What's this?
« on: 29 January, 2019, 10:33:38 PM »
Feel like a bit of an idiot but what's this bit called? The lug at the top (circled) which takes the bolt from the battery cover has snapped off and my repair failed. Any ideas where to get a new one? Or a better way to fix than gorilla glue?

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: What's this?
« Reply #1 on: 29 January, 2019, 10:56:10 PM »
They are frame brackets/ hangers,swingarm pivot brackets. Out of stock at Fowler’s, but are available used on E Bay, they come in at least two colours that I am aware of, silver and black. It’s worth a look on Fowler’s website for the  part number etc to help with your search. Good luck.

Offline Domaged

« Reply #2 on: 30 January, 2019, 08:01:07 AM »
Thank you! Found one on eBay for £12 😊

Anyone know if they're a straight forward job to replace? I'm just concerned If these hold the swingarm I'll have to remove that first. Never tried it before.

Dom

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
« Reply #3 on: 30 January, 2019, 08:36:12 AM »
Pretty easy and straightforward to change the Right hand side bracket. You will not have to remove the swing arm.. All the long bolts and swing arm pivot are pushed through from the left hand side. So just remove the nuts from the Right hand side, and remove the bracket, obviously you will have to take off the battery cover, and the right hand footrest hanger. You will need to torque up the nuts especially the swingarm pivot nut on reassembly. I will have a look at my bike later and double check, but I think that’s about right.   :028:

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 30 January, 2019, 01:38:30 PM »
Hello again. Had a look at my bike. Yeah you will have no problem changing the right hand side bracket, pretty straight forward. Good luck.
                                                                                :002:

Offline Domaged

« Reply #5 on: 30 January, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »
Thank you that's a massive help. I'll get one ordered 👍