Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CBF1000 A9,Accessories Connectors? /Options/ Auxilliary wiring ?  (Read 618 times)

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
Hi All. Assuming this bike has such a facility,can anyone advise where it lives on the bike please?Ed. :027:( need to add on AirHorn,Daytime Riding Lights,12V socket & audible winkers repeater. M any Thanks in advance.Ed. :087:

Offline Biffern

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 AT
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
Re: CBF1000 A9,Accessories Connectors? /Options/ Auxilliary wiring ?
« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2019, 01:17:20 PM »
Welcome Ed. I'm guessing that you were the owner of the  Italian stallion (ST1300). As to your question there is no plugs to connect to, mine are spliced into the wiring next to the battery. Can't think offhand which cable as I'm in London at the moment. Home tomorrow and will let you know. Mind someone will probably be along before then and you could do a search on here.
CBF1000
CBF600SA
CBR1000RR5
CBR900RR

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Member
« Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2019, 05:51:29 PM »
Thanks.Biffern.That saves me from looking for the non-existent :mfrlol:
Yes I did have the Italian Stallion a little while back & a 700VA Deauville just before the current Biffer.Good Idea to search site.Thanks AGAIN. Ed .

Offline shads44music

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 AA
  • City / Town: Halifax
« Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2019, 04:09:10 PM »
Hi,I have the same problem,I have found near the fuse box under the seat on my 63 reg mark 1 a cluster wires x2 one Red with a Red cap on not going anywhere and the other socket as like a push to lead and as three small caps over the prongs again not going anywhere,can you advice me on what I have found,I cannot find in my manual. Thanks :157: :157: :157:

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 20 January, 2019, 09:08:06 AM »
Hi Shads.Thanks for your message.Have flogged through the related posts on this one & it seems the connectors you describe are there to access the ECU & ABS systems to analyse them when fault finding.Seems to be sensible not to monkey with them given their purpose.Ed. ps Hopefully someone else will be able to clarify the best way  to make safe auxiliary equipment connections without BBQ-ing the electronics :001:

Offline shads44music

• CBF Member
« Reply #5 on: 20 January, 2019, 03:20:04 PM »
Good advice,Thanks

Offline HGP

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Silver CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Lanark
« Reply #6 on: 20 January, 2019, 06:21:59 PM »
Hi, A search on "adding electrics" on the forum should bring up a few discussions and pictures about wiring up items using a 5 pin relay and seperate fuse box.

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Member
« Reply #7 on: 20 January, 2019, 08:41:41 PM »
Thanks HGP. Finally settled to spur into rear number plate light supply which is both 12v. ignition switched & 10A.  protected.Thank YOU.Ed. :028:

Offline shads44music

• CBF Member
« Reply #8 on: 21 January, 2019, 09:51:12 AM »
Hi Ed, welcome do you go into the light for the spur or before the light ? and also I need the 12v supply for a fuse box do I need a relay as well.  Thanks Paul

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Member
« Reply #9 on: 21 January, 2019, 12:26:11 PM »
Hi again Shads.Before the light itself.Access is by removing the rear RH side panel & spurring off from the black/brown  wire supplying the rear number plate light.Bear in mind this cable is only a 10A protected circuit with cable to suit . This will be OK to operate a relay which could then supply heavier current when it is itself fed with suitably fused cable ,probably direct from the battery. Ed.