Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ankerface. A bit late......  (Read 327 times)

Offline ankerface

• Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Plymouth
Ankerface. A bit late......
« on: 04 January, 2019, 07:22:50 AM »
Very happy owner of a Mk1 Biffer which I acquired quite by chance in May 16. Having crashed my last bike (Blackbird) and suffered my weekly comute for 4 weeks in the car I needed a bike and the only one on Gumtree in Plymouth over 750cc the weekend the insurance money came through was a fully faired and luggaged mk1 Biffer with 28k on the clock. So I bought it. Best buy ever, 2.5 years latter and now with 59k on the clock it is serving me perfectly. Fitted a voltmeter , cigarette socket (to charge mobile phone on the go), and scottoiler 2nd weekend I had it and since then routine oil and filter services, 3 rear and 2 front tyres, steering head bearings, set of plugs, 1 set of chain and sprockets, and a set of front disk pads is all that I've done. I comute 170 miles along the south coast twice a week plus other work related journeys using the biffer mar to nov, it suites me perfectly. Eats the miles and very comfortable.
⚓😁

Online Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
Re: Ankerface. A bit late......
« Reply #1 on: 04 January, 2019, 08:25:28 AM »
 :405:
Interesting to have an ex Blackbird owner's comparison opinion. I Regretted letting a pristine Blackbird slip by me when a neighbour sold his a few years ago

Offline ankerface

• Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Plymouth
« Reply #2 on: 04 January, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »
Blackbird was a fantastic bike, effortless power, awesome aceleration and a great mile muncher. It was the bike I had long wanted and it didn't disappoint, smiled every time I rode it. Had it for 3 years and wrote it off emergency braking on a wet road, ABS would have probably saved it. The Biffer, bought by chance, a bit pedestrian in comparison, but actually delivers everything I need for lots of fast comfortable miles, quick enough, lots of low torque (hardly ever have to change gear even to overtake) and has ABS! Would I swap it for another Blackbird? No, not for my current usage.
⚓😁

Offline Biker Mike

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000FAB
  • City / Town: Poole, Dorset
« Reply #3 on: 04 January, 2019, 12:49:26 PM »
Don't buy a Blackbird.
I went into my local dealer for an oil filter for my CBF and came out with a Blackbird.
There's nothing worse than having a CBF and a Blackbird in the garage at the same time and having to decide which to ride...
 :177: