Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Temperature light on  (Read 438 times)

Offline Tumaca

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000f
Re: Temperature light on
« Reply #10 on: 03 December, 2018, 08:16:18 PM »
The thermostat and its sensor (ECT) are new.

And yes, the fan cuts in by itself or if you apply 12v directly... But even with the fan working the red light goes on. I think, only think, that the fan is not as strong/fast as always (this is the fifth year with this bike).

Mmm... The fan is quite expensive, is not something "to see if there is luck". I must be really sure.

Maybe the water pump not moving enough water through the circuit/system??

Aaahhhh!! This is [Warning - swearing in posts will result in permanent ban!]ing me!  :232: I have to do more tests.

Offline stergios

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 mk I
  • City / Town: Thessaloniki
« Reply #11 on: 03 December, 2018, 09:39:12 PM »
what i would do is get a code reading for the error and actually see why it is on before start changing parts.

two ways you either find an ecu tester aftermarket or original plug it and scan the error codes stored or

short the correct pins on the diagnostic plug to  get flash codes.

code reader is 60$ in aliexpress if you cant find anyone around
and flash codes are in service manual

Offline Tumaca

• CBF Member
« Reply #12 on: 03 December, 2018, 10:47:04 PM »
Guys, thank you so much for participating. Is really appreciated.

The first thing I did was to connect an ECU reader; the result was that there is no error in memory. Anyway, the ECU was reseted to be sure.

The ECU in the mkII is very basic (we are talking about an engine from ┐2006? based on the cbr1000). It has a few options, nothing compared with the moderns ECUs. The errors and sensors information is very limited.

One question: Do anyone know if Honda released any firmware update since the launch of this bike? My last bike was an Aprilia shiver which had three firmware updates to fix things like throttle response, idle speed, better fire up in very cold conditions...

Ah, I have the service manual which I have read several times.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #13 on: 04 December, 2018, 12:22:01 AM »
To find out whether a UK bike has any outstanding updates/recalls, the honda site is
https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/maintenance/recalls-and-updates.html
You will need to put in the VIN number.

Do not know whether the above site will show non UK Bikes,  but Honda may have a similar site for Spanish bikes.
« Last Edit: 04 December, 2018, 12:25:50 AM by davidjg »

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #14 on: 04 December, 2018, 08:18:15 AM »
Does anybody know if CBF radiators get sludge in them? Just a thought.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #15 on: 04 December, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »
Good Point Tommo2. Had an old car a few years back that had overheating problems and it was found that there was excess sludge in radiator and cooling system -  problem solved after it had been flushed out and refilled.

Offline Tumaca

• CBF Member
« Reply #16 on: 04 December, 2018, 10:28:42 AM »
Every two years I flush out and refill the system (I am very strict with maintenance). Always using the coolant recommended and i have never seen anything strange in the liquid flushed out.

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #17 on: 04 December, 2018, 10:33:27 AM »
Thinking Tumaca's bike is 5 years old, and it seems the CBF radiator is to small for the job, probably to keep the frontal area down, niicer design, possible if coolant not changed in that time. Needs to leave hot Spain, move to England, and keep out of London traffic.......

Offline Scott_rider

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
« Reply #18 on: 04 December, 2018, 10:57:33 AM »
 :460:
This has got me thinking, maybe I need to flush out my rad?  :012:. On my trip to Croatia this year I noticed that my fan was on a lot of the time. This was in June and the temperatures were close to 30 degrees for most of the ten days journey. My Stator also fried itself on a particularly hot day in Austria. Perhaps that was related to the bike being consistently a bit too hot?
« Last Edit: 04 December, 2018, 11:00:28 AM by Scott_rider »

Offline stergios

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 mk I
  • City / Town: Thessaloniki
« Reply #19 on: 04 December, 2018, 12:03:57 PM »
Scott_rider no its normal for hot climates dont worry

Tumaca

remove the thermostat from the housing and run the bike without it . check what happens with the light and act acoordingly.

even if its a basic ecu you still need to check what temps its working via diagnosis so check please

« Last Edit: 04 December, 2018, 12:42:41 PM by stergios »

Recent Topics