Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Newbie  (Read 242 times)

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« on: 18 November, 2018, 06:10:17 PM »
  Hello all.
  Well I have gone and done it, finally got round to buying a biffer. Have been looking and contemplating for a while.
  It's a Mk 1 abs 2009, in gorgeous red metallic, only 6700 miles. Getting it delivered next week after it has had a service and two
  new tyres fitted. Probably won't ride it much during the winter. Do a bit of titivating cleaning etc so it's ready for next year.
  I am a little worried about the stator woes, little bit of a wag at bars when slowing down on the overrun, that seems to be road
  surface sensitive, as it didn't happen every time on the road test. Have rode two and they both did it, but this one only very slight,
  the other one proper tank slapped.
  But I love the way it goes, looks, comfortable n quiet, and the colour. Plus it's a Honda. So thought give it a chance buy it and see,
  and hopefully enjoy.
  looking forward to reading and  contributing on the forums were I can.

FLIZ   :001:

Offline Pan404

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: ELGIN
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 18 November, 2018, 09:41:28 PM »
 :405:

Welcome Fliz, some really nice roads in your part of the UK

Offline HGP

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Silver CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Lanark
« Reply #2 on: 18 November, 2018, 11:28:36 PM »
Hello and welcome Fliz. No need to worry about the stator, I had to change mine a few months after I bought my bike. Its a fairly easy DIY fix. I also fitted a "sparkbright voltage indicator light on the dashboard at the same time to give prior warning in case of an other failure. Only time I have felt my bike shake and shimmy was when I was loaded with topbox and panniers and had a loose grip on the bars.

Offline Piper

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: NW Kent
« Reply #3 on: 19 November, 2018, 05:22:27 PM »
 :405:
Hi Fliz.
Enjoy the bike. Had mine 10 years now, great machine. Also replaced my own stator (after 20000 miles), easy diy job some have done it at the roadside. I just carry a spare if I'm on a continental tour.  Pete
« Last Edit: 19 November, 2018, 05:27:26 PM by Piper »

Offline FLIZ

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: 19 November, 2018, 07:03:20 PM »
 Hello All.
 Thanks for the kind welcome. Yeah some great roads around this area, I am looking forward to getting to know them and the biffer a 
 bit better.
 Hopefully get to go a bit further afield as well. Parts of Scotland would be nice to visit once we start getting some drier warmer
 weather, and of course the Lakes, haven't managed to get over there for a while.
 Not worried about physically changing the stator, it's just that nagging doubt in the back of your mind when out n about. I have a
 voltage indicator led fitted on my Fazer, so I will get one fitted to the biffer pronto.
 Cheers.  :001: