Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: lets compare throttle body dirt  (Read 214 times)

Offline stergios

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 mk I
  • City / Town: Thessaloniki
lets compare throttle body dirt
« on: 05 November, 2018, 08:22:52 PM »
Reached 59800 klms / 37157 miles
After reseting ecu Idle became erratic while the engine is hot and only stabilised if left alone for a while
the idled under 900 rpm to 700 rpm if you touched the throttle until stabilising again and so on.

no vacuum leaks. good spark plugs or cables leaking to ground . not a fuelling problem pump is ...excellent but not hondas anymore... not a ect sensor....

and here it is after almost 30000 klms in the rev limiter.... with oil changes every 3000 top 4000 klm synthetic oil 10/40
all the stuff the crankshaft breather allowed to return....  sad story for oils in combination with warm weather and high engine temps.

and obvious bad fuel signs in the intake side.... italy i'll remembder you for both the good times and the bad.

it has been cleaned of course along with the IACV that was not that dirty but hopefully will recover. Ohm resistance is good as per manuial etc...and i have to wait two weeks for replacement of throttle cables as one has snapped a couple hairpins and s**tty economy calls for s**tty service as importer ...oh anyway old story. At least i found the cable needs replacing the "easy" way and not on a trip...

anyone had a dirtier tb just asking those high milage guys that are around ??

Offline Art

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
Re: lets compare throttle body dirt
« Reply #1 on: 11 November, 2018, 03:20:49 PM »
Most satisfying, never got down and dirty with mine. Did the cleaning progress beyond the butterflies?

Offline stergios

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 mk I
  • City / Town: Thessaloniki
Re: lets compare throttle body dirt
« Reply #2 on: 11 November, 2018, 05:25:37 PM »
well i still expect the throttle cables from honda.

so i have all parts in a spare room. and all have been washed and preped for re-install.

so 2 things i found while opening was

1 i needed a throttle cable and was lucky i found it early

2 my thermostat housing was leaking on the wiring loom and melted (well became like a pulp)  the external part of the loom.

that has been sorted.

cat loves the fuel tank cover though....

diverse-leafy