Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cbf abs 07 Battery type.  (Read 277 times)

Offline Midd

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000 07
  • City / Town: Durham
Cbf abs 07 Battery type.
« on: 01 November, 2018, 06:18:37 AM »
Hi,winter coming ,could anyone tell me what is the correct yausa battery for my mark one abs please.looking from side panel the posotive red terminal is on the right. The negative black on the left.i want to be sure i get the correct one ,as im using the bike to get to work .i do 12 miles per day and i think this is not charging the battery enough.Plus when i bought the bike last year the battery was on it and dont know how old it is.thanks .

Offline Scott_rider

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
Re: Cbf abs 07 Battery type.
« Reply #1 on: 01 November, 2018, 09:16:08 AM »
I use a YTZ10S but not a Yuasa.
You can get a higher ‘cold cranking’ version if you use the bike in consistent cold weather.

Offline Art

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: 02 December, 2018, 11:53:08 AM »
Just posted this elsewhere

For what its worth I have never had any real issue with my battery holding charge. Its a Varta 508 901 015 Powersports AGM lead/acid technology (December 2018 price c£40) and was already fitted and I suspect not too old when I acquired the motorcycle in December 2014 (so going on 4+ years). Only ever had to put it on a charger twice, first time when I left it for 13 weeks with a Sat Nav (switched on) and a pair of 5v regulators plugged into the accessory loom, second time when the stator failed (it happens).

Its regularly left standing in a cold and damp garage for prolonged periods. Last year it only saw the light of day on four occasions and for less than 1,000 miles and it started on the button without fuss every time. The battery is regularly checked from time to time and always shows 12.7v or better across the terminals. Note all accessories have now been wired via a switched live relay and I don't see the need for one of those battery/voltage gizmos others seem to favour, which means the parasitic drain is kept to a factory specification minimum.

HTH

Offline bocca

• Bike: Honda CBF1000A7
  • City / Town: Belgrade
« Reply #3 on: 04 December, 2018, 07:40:17 AM »
Yuasa is not worth the money imho. Not anymore. They've shifted the all their resources to china and quality has suffered greatly.

Recent Topics