Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mk1 Hagon rear shock, remote pre-load = make me an offer  (Read 519 times)

Offline sonsman

• Bike: 2008 CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Exeter
Mk1 Hagon rear shock, remote pre-load = make me an offer
« on: 30 October, 2018, 06:45:36 PM »
My 2008 GT is going very soon and I have removed the Hagon rear shock with remote preload before it's traded in.  The shock has only done about 4,000 miles and is in excellent condition as it hasn't been through a winter. It's perfect if you swop between solo and loaded with pillion and luggage from time to time. These are over four hundred and twenty five pounds new so at two hundred and ninety five pounds posted this has to be a good deal.

I bought an Electrosport stator as insurance against the OEM one giving up the ghost and it did it's job! Still in it's box it's yours for seventy five pounds posted.
« Last Edit: 20 November, 2018, 08:29:06 PM by sonsman »

Offline timbig

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000TA
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: Mk1 Hagon rear shock, remote pre-load and unused Electrosport stator.
« Reply #1 on: 02 November, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »
If you don't mind me asking what kind of weight is the set up for?

cheers

Offline sonsman

Re: Mk1 Hagon rear shock, remote pre-load and unused Electrosport stator.
« Reply #2 on: 03 November, 2018, 10:08:21 AM »
I'm about 85kgs plus riding gear and my wife is about 65kgs plus kit. Hagon ask for the info when building the shock and then build some 'head room' into the equation. The bike was also ridden with luggage most of the time so total load probably around 185kgs. I wound the preload up a bit when fully loaded and had no bottoming out or wallowing over bumps at speed.

Offline sonsman

Re: Mk1 Hagon rear shock, remote pre-load = price drop.
« Reply #3 on: 13 November, 2018, 07:38:14 PM »
The stator is now sold and the shock is now on Ebay starting at 225. If anyone on the forum wants it at that price then let me know and I'll pull it from the auction.

Offline sonsman

Re: Mk1 Hagon rear shock, remote pre-load = make me an offer
« Reply #4 on: 20 November, 2018, 08:30:18 PM »
Make me a sensible offer for the Hagon shock and it's yours (also on Ebay so it may go).

diverse-leafy