Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Green Petrol  (Read 289 times)

Offline edger

• CBF Master
Green Petrol
« on: 18 October, 2018, 08:44:31 PM »
In a moment of madness I rescued a old Hondamatic 400 from a field its not original as it was attached to a vintage Watsonian Sidecar!
(I have sent Watsonian -Squire a request to ask them if they can date the chair )
Poor little motor must have suffered with all the extra weight they weren't endowed with much power when new :mfrlol:
Anyway got them home and jet washed,unbolted the chair and got the bike on the lift .
Strange little thing  no foot brake, Hydraulic front brake on right bar, cable rear drum brake on left bar although mine differs as it was converted for a disabled gent and  switched  round. and a hand gear change fitted instead of the rocker heel toe lever.
Sadly he is no longer with us hence the bike sitting in the field for the last two years or so
Considering its hard life shes not in to bad a nick for a 28 year old bike although taking the carbs off revealed GREEN PETROL. FOUL SMELLING. BRIGHT  GREEN PETROL not to much varnish.the slides were stuck. But the smell!!
the whole workshop reeks and I had to throw all my clothes in the wash!
Hopefully I will get her up and running over the winter but I think I may have to relearn how to ride her

Offline edger

• CBF Master
Re: Green Petrol
« Reply #1 on: 19 October, 2018, 08:57:05 AM »
Maybe the mice living in the air filter!