Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel filter  (Read 1458 times)

Offline stergios

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF 1000 mk I
  • City / Town: Thessaloniki
Re: Fuel filter
« Reply #10 on: 18 August, 2019, 11:45:05 PM »
yes it is paper and you cannot fully clean it.
after a point its beyond cleaning.

if you really need a cheap alternative do the fuel - filter regulator trick i explained.
If you are not and want a complete pump try ebay i have sourced a new complete pump for 150€ from italian ebay afte running with the vw filter and regulator for a year or so.

Offline Crispy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #11 on: 19 August, 2019, 09:17:52 PM »
Bit of a mystery this? 

It’s great to save money, but I’ve looked at the maintenance schedule in my Honda manual and there’s no mention of changing the fuel filter anywhere. All that needs to be checked in this area are the fuel lines.

The link posted in the opening post has part No.30 missing from the list. If you look at the exploded diagram on Fowlers Parts, part No.30 is listed as the Filter Assembly, priced at £303.72. I can only assume at this kind of price, for a fuel filter, it won’t need changing, ever. 

But I could be wrong. Could you briefly explain how you changed the filter?

Best regards
« Last Edit: 19 August, 2019, 09:35:06 PM by Crispy »
A day without learning is a day wasted

Offline Shed

• CBF Pro
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #12 on: 19 August, 2019, 09:45:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crispy [+]
Bit of a mystery this? 

It’s great to save money, but I’ve looked at the maintenance schedule in my Honda manual and there’s no mention of changing the fuel filter anywhere. All that needs to be checked in this area are the fuel lines.

The link posted in the opening post has part No.30 missing from the list. If you look at the exploded diagram on Fowlers Parts, part No.30 is listed as the Filter Assembly, priced at £303.72. I can only assume at this kind of price, for a fuel filter, it won’t need changing, ever. 

But I could be wrong. Could you briefly explain how you changed the filter?

Best regards

Crispy, the fuel filter, or 'strainer' comes with the fuel pump, it's the yellow looking teabag thingy in the pic on the below link.  :028:
If anyone needs to fit a new pump, forget the ridiculous £300 price tag,  :005:, you can get all you need in a £60 kit. I fitted one of these a few weeks ago to a friends bike. Took about half an hour. Also good practice to replace the rubber gasket between pump and tank while you're in there. Use the old gasket at your own risk. (Gasket part number 17574MFAD00 which is also referred to as the 'packing base').

https://www.fuelperformance.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5574&search=cbf1000
« Last Edit: 19 August, 2019, 09:49:53 PM by Shed »

Offline Crispy

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #13 on: 20 August, 2019, 01:35:04 AM »
Nice one Shed.
A day without learning is a day wasted

Offline stergios

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF 1000 mk I
  • City / Town: Thessaloniki
« Reply #14 on: 20 August, 2019, 06:26:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shed [+]

Crispy, the fuel filter, or 'strainer' comes with the fuel pump, it's the yellow looking teabag thingy in the pic on the below link.  :028:
If anyone needs to fit a new pump, forget the ridiculous £300 price tag,  :005:, you can get all you need in a £60 kit. I fitted one of these a few weeks ago to a friends bike. Took about half an hour. Also good practice to replace the rubber gasket between pump and tank while you're in there. Use the old gasket at your own risk. (Gasket part number 17574MFAD00 which is also referred to as the 'packing base').

https://www.fuelperformance.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5574&search=cbf1000

You suggest to someone with a clogged filter to change the pump?

go ahead. see how it goes.

The idea behind this thread is to point that although the pump if fine the motorcycle underperforms because the filter AFTER the pump is clogged and is not replaceable according to honda unless you get the whole assembly.

I suggest you replace the filter with aftermarket one and get it fixed cheap unless you want to search italian ebay for a complete assembly for 150€.  search the thread.

Offline Geo1982

• Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Athens
« Reply #15 on: 20 August, 2019, 06:46:24 AM »
Stergios is right.The problem is in the plastic partthe white one) that it has a filter inside anf honda doesn't give spare part.We must bye the whole unit.

Offline Shed

• CBF Pro
  • City / Town: Newcastle
« Reply #16 on: 20 August, 2019, 09:23:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by stergios [+]
You suggest to someone with a clogged filter to change the pump?

go ahead. see how it goes.

The idea behind this thread is to point that although the pump if fine the motorcycle underperforms because the filter AFTER the pump is clogged and is not replaceable according to honda unless you get the whole assembly.

I suggest you replace the filter with aftermarket one and get it fixed cheap unless you want to search italian ebay for a complete assembly for 150€.  search the thread.

No Stergios, I did not suggest changing the pump just because the filter is clogged. Nowhere in my post do I suggest that. Read what I typed.

"Go ahead. see how it goes." - not sure what your point is here. If you are referring to actually changing the pump and/or filter, when I did it, it went fine. Easy, straightforward, and the bike runs great since. It doesn't "under-perform" whatsoever. (The bike in question had failed its fuel flow test).

Why would anyone want to mess about modding the pump and filter, as you say you have, or search Italian ebay and spend €150 (£138), when an entire aftermarket kit in the link above containing a new pump and a new filter is only €65 (£60)? Surely this is an 'aftermarket one' which allows you to 'get it fixed cheap', exactly as you elude to - unlike your Italian job method?
Pointless expense.

I did indeed 'search the thread', and I would think post#3 says it all.