Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel filter  (Read 2018 times)

Offline stergios

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF 1000 mk I
  • City / Town: Thessaloniki
Fuel filter
« on: 12 October, 2018, 07:50:03 AM »
Anyone knows about code no 30 in the link i provide?

has anyone changed only the fuel filter part of the pump?

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/1000-MOTO/CBF/2010/CBF1000A/Frame/FUEL-TANK-FUEL-PUMP/17MFAAI1/F__1600/2/2040

Offline stergios

• CBF Pro
Re: Fuel filter
« Reply #1 on: 12 October, 2018, 05:27:32 PM »
As it seems most people are ok with mediocre performance bikes LIKE THE CBF.

And very bad specifications from the manufacturer.....

here is an update of my current fuel pump.

Pump has been moded and fuel filter assembly completly removed. It has s been replaced with automotive fuel filter with return and included fuel pressure regulator..

regardless to say you only have driven your cbf like this only as it was new.

Performance is ..... perfect as it should.

So a big F!!K YOU to honda and its repair shops.

Cost of this mod is ..... 16€ for the filter and 25€ for a special fuel resistant immersible fuel line.

So to make the importance of this post clear.

All oem pumps suffer (as i did) from the inherent problem with this bike. NO FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT. 
So all suffer from underperforming bikes due to clogged filters after a couple of years. BUT YOU GET USED TO IT.
It doesnt matter where or how you refuel . There is dirt and every two years to 3 years the filter must be  replaced. Thats a bit different in longer service filters but this bike is not the case .

So Honda charges 750€ without labor for a new complete pump..... and not just the filter replacement.

In a nutshell if i could borrow you my pump setup you'd replace  your fuel filter .... yesterday.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2018, 05:13:14 PM »
The fuel you get in Greece must be absolutely crap. Sorry, if your fuel is not crap,  but are you just trying to find unnecessary problems with your bike. I have done 32,00 miles on my CBF, and the power/fuelling etc is as crisp as the day I bought it> however I do put Arcoil Into it occasionally to clean out the fuel system. In 47 years of biking and 45 years of car driving I have never experience the problems you are claiming -but then again I ride/drive regularly and this may stop the filter from getting blocked.

Suggestion complain to your petrol suppliers about supplying sub-standard fuel, and make a claim against them.

Offline stergios

• CBF Pro
« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2018, 09:23:10 PM »
You miss the point the bike has a fuel filter as all efi engines should.

By definition  a filter has a usefullness that at some point ends. So its considered a spare part.

Honda in this bike sells his filter as a complete pump not as a spare filter. Costing 750€.

This is stealing and yes its a problem with the bike when you buy to use it in any market greek or not. Mine developed the problem abroad in Italy . Should i blame the italians? NO this is fixable

If you want your bike running perfect and regardless what you put in your tank .

Also while we look at the tree and not the forest. The fuel pressure regulator also suffers . with this method you get both replaced whenever you want.

ps my bike was  second hand with 22.000 and was fine until 35000klm now at 60000 (the last 40000 where covered in 2 years).
believe me you don't get the feeling you lose performance it happens slowly so you adapt.....

Offline davidjg

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #4 on: 14 October, 2018, 06:38:23 AM »
Unfortunately, Honda is not the only manufacturer that does this -some BMWs ( e.g. F800 series) are the same.

Offline rokyluk

• Bike: CBF1000 2010
  • City / Town: Celje
« Reply #5 on: 31 July, 2019, 12:22:00 PM »
What parts did you use for this mod ?
Thanks

Offline stergios

• CBF Pro
« Reply #6 on: 31 July, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »
vw 4F0201511B

Offline Geo1982

• Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Athens
« Reply #7 on: 14 August, 2019, 11:43:09 AM »
Did you see any disadvantage?The fuel gauge i assume thatia not working.Did you see better top speed?

Offline stergios

• CBF Pro
« Reply #8 on: 15 August, 2019, 06:13:34 AM »
Performance is ok no difference. You will notice the bike pickup better because it flows correctly with no restrictions from a clogged filter.

The fuel gauge will be tricky to fit I did not even try .

The idea is to fix or diagnose your bike cheap. In my bike the range was 300kms per tank
I could refuel at 250 with enough to go on inside

Offline Geo1982

• Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Athens
« Reply #9 on: 18 August, 2019, 08:03:42 AM »
In mine cbf the top speed is droped to 200klm and straggling to reach that speed.Also after 5500rpm is straggling to reach 10000rpm.When i clean the fuel filter is ok but after a while it does the same!!!!I
Have you open the oem filter to see if it is from paper?