Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings from Saskatchewan, Canada!  (Read 322 times)

Offline Ford Prefect

• City / Town: Regina
Greetings from Saskatchewan, Canada!
« on: 07 October, 2018, 10:40:54 PM »
Hi all,

New owner of a 2008 Mk1. Bought it from the original owner who has graduated to a 2018 Gold Wing! He really looked after the bike, and upgraded the stator a couple of years ago. My previous bikes included an ST1300 and a Super Tenere so am used to the larger ladies. I have to say that the relatively light weight of the CBF is a welcome change.
If you're bored, take a look at where Regina, Saskatchewan is on the map. It's a great place to live but any kind of decent riding is a minimum 800km away. So highway riding is a fact of life for me! Planned changes to the bike are a touring windscreen, probably the CalSci,heated grips and handguards. The bike came with a full set of Givi 45's so I'm in good shape there, With only 49000Km I anticipate no major issues and look forward to next year's riding season. This year is pretty much done and I'll be parking her in the garage before the snow starts flying.
Born in Bolton, Lancs. Moved to Canada in my twenties, I miss the UK road and riding scene! Yamaha FS1E,Honda CB200 as a young guy in the RAF.

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
Re: Greetings from Saskatchewan, Canada!
« Reply #1 on: 08 October, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »
 :405:
Must have crossed mid Altantic:
Born in Canada. Raised in Bolton.... :mfrlol:
Think you got the best deal!

Offline Ford Prefect

« Reply #2 on: 09 October, 2018, 03:37:10 PM »
Funny how life works out. I miss Bolton and area. My wife and I are planning on being back in 2020 for Ironman UK. To think that it will cost me a few thou to ride in the area I was brought up in just kills me! Then again, I lived in Calgary for 10 years and hardly ever went to Banff! 

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #3 on: 09 October, 2018, 09:09:31 PM »
Have you forgotten it may drizzle for a week or more?  :138:

Offline Ford Prefect

« Reply #4 on: 09 October, 2018, 10:48:59 PM »
True story, I had never used moisturizer until I moved to Saskatchewan. Every year we spend a couple of weeks in the interior of BC cycling. Weather there can be very British, cold and damp. Even after 37yrs out of the country I still do not miss the clouds and rain.

diverse-leafy