Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Spain 2019  (Read 539 times)

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
Spain 2019
« on: 07 October, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »
We’re in the early planning stages of our 2019 tour.

We pick our furthest destination, then I plan our route accordingly.......never going the quickest or straightest way.

2016 was down through France, across Spain with the furthest destination being Lisbon (Portugal), back via Santander.

2017 was Santander, Gibraltar, Santander.

2018 was Santander, Granada, Santander.

These three trips have been outstanding.

Next year we thought about Cadiz for our furthest point, but I’m reading mixed reviews. Anyone been there who can give a fair review of the place?

Offline Scott_rider

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
Re: Spain 2019
« Reply #1 on: 09 October, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »
I've not been to Cadiz but I can recommend Ronda, if you've not been there? It's sort of enroute/nearby.

I've also got a good recommendation for an awesome zigzag route from Santander to Gibraltar but via the east of Spain, if that's any good? (not an exact gpx route but the towns to aim for).

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
« Reply #2 on: 09 October, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »
We stayed in the Parador overlooking the gorge, in Ronda, on our way down to Gibraltar.  :028:

Last year we went down the east coast, and back up inland to the east of Madrid, when we went to Granada.

Next year we intend to travel down the west of the country.  :028:

Offline Tumaca

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000f
« Reply #3 on: 10 October, 2018, 02:59:48 PM »
Just Galicia, Asturias and Cantabria are enough for a three weeks travel... And you will not see everything!

The fastest way is the called "ruta de la plata" but is quite boring for a motorbike.

I would recommend go down the border with Portugal. There are beautiful natural reserves with great roads.

There are so many outstanding places along the way from Santander to Cadiz that you can spend a month to arrive

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
« Reply #4 on: 10 October, 2018, 04:22:13 PM »
You’re right, the roads are fantastic and the ones we use are empty.

The N502 and routes off it were great two years ago, so we may be paying it a visit again.  :028:

We try not to use motorways, and our daily mileage rarely exceeds 170 miles (250-260 kilometres), so we can stop often. We also factor in a number of days off the bikes.  :001:

Offline Tumaca

• CBF Member
« Reply #5 on: 02 December, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »
Hi.

I am not sure if you are asking for a way to go down from Santander to cadiz or a place in cadiz to stay some time.

In cadiz, what you can find and is famous for, are the beaches from Conil to Tarifa. I would recommend "Faro de Trafalgar" or 'Zahara de los Atunes". Both places have beatiful beaches (european blue flag).

For food, the tipycal is "pescaito frito" or "tortilla de chipirones".

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
« Reply #6 on: 02 December, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
We’re happy with the route down to Cadiz, but Cadiz gets varying reviews as a place to stay.

We’ll be staying in Sevilla for a few nights, before moving on to the Cadiz area, so would love to stay in the historic centre of Cadiz.........but reviews are mixed.  :187:

Offline Tumaca

• CBF Member
« Reply #7 on: 02 December, 2018, 07:50:47 PM »
Ok.

Here you have a list with the hotels in the centre of the city:

http://www.cadizturismo.com/alojamientos/?normalized_name__icontains=&location__cities__province__exact=1&location__cities__exact=176&distance__location__cities=&modality__in=2&__search_action=Search

And here some places to visit:

http://www.cadizturismo.com/turismo-cultural/?normalized_name__icontains=&location__cities__province__exact=1&location__cities__exact=176&distance__location__cities=&__search_action=Search

Is the official web.

I am not sure when are you going to come, but if you are planning to do in summer you should know that is really hot in Sevilla and Cadiz (above 40°). I would recommend to go on Abril-May (around 25°, the perfect weather to ride and for a walk in the city).

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
« Reply #8 on: 02 December, 2018, 08:06:13 PM »
Thanks, we are well aware of the temperatures and would never do a trip in summer. We usually travel in May, but even then, the last time we were in Seville in May 2017, it was 42 degrees the day we left!

Love your country and will continue to return.  :028:

Offline Sunset Rider

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2009 CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #9 on: 02 December, 2018, 11:44:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by phild [+]
Thanks, we are well aware of the temperatures and would never do a trip in summer. We usually travel in May, but even then, the last time we were in Seville in May 2017, it was 42 degrees the day we left!

Love your country and will continue to return.  :028:

Yes and that was just after the drenching I received the week before!!!! :001: :001: :001:  I cleared the weather for you.
Good to see you are still enjoying your touring. I did not make it to Europe this year.....but hopefully by June 2019.
I might be mad or even slightly insane....but I LOVE my CBF1000GT

diverse-leafy