Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel Injector Cleaner  (Read 717 times)

Offline Rocketman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A-A
  • City / Town: West Hallam
Fuel Injector Cleaner
« on: 06 October, 2018, 09:46:19 PM »
Can anyone suggest a good Fuel Injector Cleaner to clean what I think is a fuel injector issue with occasional engine misfire. Have already replaced spark plugs with no real change to the problem. Looked at Motul, STP, Wynnís etc but no idea which is effective or whether itís worth the money? Would appreciate some advice please.

Offline stergios

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF 1000 mk I
  • City / Town: Thessaloniki
Re: Fuel Injector Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: 21 October, 2018, 09:18:53 PM »
mine was pinking midrange 3500 to 6000  while under full throttle or hard acceleration and load heavy pinking for at least 2-4 secs. after rpm were over 6500 to limiter no problem  but bike was more hesitant (couldnt understand that at that time now i do).

So my fuel filter which goes with the fuel pump was the culprit (see posts for a workaround) ...
i had the pleasure of experiencing it also from the intake rubber hoses which leaked the fuel outside the engine so check if they are tight enough.both fixable no need to buy a new fuel pump and on the other case just tighten them a bit.

how i found about the clogged filter after. Deciding that i dont care if i break the engine after searching this since april....and fixed it finally last week.
1 thing i noticed that top speed from 240 (not gps just honda bulls**t dash)  has been reduced to 210 at best and with much effort.
2 after thrashing it from stop to limiter from 1st to 4th gear at somepoint in couldn't rev after 7000 showing starvation problems.

So You need to find where it starts .if you can't drive like mad in your area....

Test the flow like honda manual says.
its the only method that works in returnless (crappy cheap) systems try it first and then go from there.

Offline Rocketman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A-A
  • City / Town: West Hallam
« Reply #2 on: 21 October, 2018, 10:09:51 PM »
Hi, I tried the fuel injector cleaner today and it didnít work as misfire remains. It mainly occurs at 2000rpm in second gear pulling away and sometimes feels lumpy in first gear when also pulling away. After that it runs fine through the Rev range. It occasionally wonít start after running for 20-30 minutes.
Going to check the fuel filter at fuel pump as you suggest and will check intake rubber hoses for tightness.
Thank you for the information as I would like to solve this issue.
 :062:

Offline NeiljohnUK

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 F650GS
  • City / Town: Soton.
« Reply #3 on: 22 October, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
Is it definitely a pop and bang misfire or a hesitation? The flapper on the air intake can cause a hesitation, a golf tee to plug the vac line to the flapper actuator is the quickest cure. Tired PAIR valve reeds may also lead to exhaust gases in the airbox. Other than that loose spark plugs or knackered leads/coils can make a difference.
Formerly an EMT (1), now a Superintendent, not that makes any difference, still just as crazy...
I ride for pleasure, commute mostly by PTW, do most of my own spannering.
Started to do my IAM, having done the RoSPA version years ago, seems I'm not fast enough, unlike the Chief Observer I'm not prepared to do 50+ in a 40 limit, so I've given it up as a bad job, 'too slow to pass, too old to care'!

Offline Jex

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A-6
  • City / Town: Cambridge
« Reply #4 on: 25 October, 2018, 12:59:09 PM »
I've traced intermittent misfires to bad ignition coils in the past with intermittent faults themselves, so it might also be worth checking the coils and ignition leads to the spark plugs....

diverse-leafy