Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: A naked bike after riding biffer?  (Read 536 times)

Offline J-man

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
A naked bike after riding biffer?
« on: 05 October, 2018, 06:36:11 PM »
Been looking at CB1000R 2018, but when you sit on it, there's a big empty space where that upper fairing used to be. It looks so .. amputated
I haven''t rode a naked bike for like 30 years, I don't know if I ever might like to be so frontal naked LOL.

How do you feel riding a naked if any after riding fairing/screen? Does screen riding invoke a never-go-back impression on you?
It's for daily commuting but has some 10km of fast highway style in it too.

On the other hand that frontal wind might force me to lower my speeds in general which is something that might come in handy at times  :164:
But there is still that abyss in front of me  :008:

Offline Pan404

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-2011,
  • City / Town: ELGIN
Re: A naked bike after riding biffer?
« Reply #1 on: 05 October, 2018, 07:23:41 PM »
I also have a naked bike and the main complaint i would have is the amount of crud you get covered in when riding in bad weather.

Offline Scott_rider

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2018, 03:21:50 PM »
I think it depends on the wind blast that each particular bike produces. I had a naked Suzuki 1200 Bandit and the wind blast was pretty much unbearable at sustained speeds above 80mph. In contrast, I had a naked Triumph Speed Triple 1050 with a fly screen (which in reality was little more than a tiny piece of plastic just above the lights...no screen, no bubble etc). The wind blast from that bike wasn't uncomfortable until you were at speeds of 90mph+ and sustained high speed riding was easily do'able without too much of a problem. In fact, I have to say that the wind blast on my Biffer is probably worse than what it was on the Speed Triple  :087: . The bike I had before the Biffer was a Yamaha Fazer 1000 with a very similar top fairing design to the Biffer but much, much better for cutting out the wind blast (but the Biffer is a better all round bike than the Fazer, imho).
« Last Edit: 06 October, 2018, 03:27:42 PM by Scott_rider »

Offline J-man

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2018, 03:56:54 PM »
The wonders of aerodynamic, thanks for sharing.
I guess it boils down to making a test ride, to really know.

diverse-leafy