Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: F1 light  (Read 484 times)

Offline Leofric

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
F1 light
« on: 23 September, 2018, 11:48:55 PM »
The F1 light comes on occasionally on my MK2  when I have been doing a fastish run on a dual carriageway. The engine still  runs ok and when I stop ,turn off the engine and switch on again ,the F1 light shows briefly and then goes off and stays off. (until the next time! )
A Healthtech servo eliminator is fitted with a Beowulf exhaust. Any ideas what this might be or should I just take the bike to my Honda dealer to have it diagnosed.
regards

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: F1 light
« Reply #1 on: 24 September, 2018, 05:41:22 PM »
I'd be tempted to make up a diagnostic test plug and read out the code/s.
If it isn't current (only in store) you may need a diagnostic reader (still as likely cheaper than Mr H.)
There aren't many faults signalled that keep the engine as normal and if it is after a burn up then I'm thinking O2 is less likely.

- Prace bets now (mine is on 34-x or 35-1)  5.....4.....3....2....1
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Leofric

• CBF Pro
« Reply #2 on: 24 September, 2018, 07:24:15 PM »
thanks for the reply jm2 but I am sorry I don't understand it.  these electronic things are beyond me , they either work properly or they don't  !
my Honda dealer has agreed to connect it to laptop and check /read out any fault codes and see if it will reset itself. will then take it from there.
will report back on the findings.
thanks again anyway.

Offline Veloman

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Honda Deauville
  • City / Town: Nr Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: 26 September, 2018, 08:15:11 PM »
If the FI light comes on again whilst engine running pull up, don't turn engine off, lower side stand and the FI should flash a number of times, then repeat the number of flashes.  Count the number of flashes, which relate to the fault code. For instance 8 short flashes repeated indicates a throttle position sensor problem.  I know because today it has just happened on my Deauville!!!
(FI has two lengths of flashes. A long flash represents 10 short flashes so 2 long flashes  followed by 1 short one  represents a DTC of 21 which indicates an O2 sensor problem.)

Offline Leofric

• CBF Pro
« Reply #4 on: 28 September, 2018, 11:08:54 PM »
Fault was recorded as something to do with servo motor and potential difference. Bike is fitted with Healtech servo eliminator because I fitted a Beowulf exhaust and removed servo motor and cables. Anyway, record of faults was  deleted from wherever they are stored and will see how it goes. Dealer says not serious unless F1 light comes on permanently. Light has not come on again so far while riding.

Recent Topics