Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Putting up for the winter  (Read 344 times)

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
Putting up for the winter
« on: 22 September, 2018, 08:48:21 PM »
So, as September draws to a close, so does my bike tax and, like last year, I shall probably SORN it and it'll stay in the garage until Spring. There was a time that I used it to commute on it and would keep it in use all year round, but with retirement, it's simply a pleasure thing now and the amount of times that I would ride it in the winter months, it doesn't really make sense to keep it on the road. I have other hobbies that come to the fore in winter, so that sort of takes my time up too. I guess also, as one gets older, the ability of your body to deal with more inclement weather is diminished. But, looking on the bright side, I can get a few jobs done on it and the anticipation of getting out with it again once the weather improves makes it all worthwhile.

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: Putting up for the winter
« Reply #1 on: 22 September, 2018, 09:38:44 PM »
I didn't get much riding this summer for a number of reasons, but hope to get some more in on crisp bright days over the autumn and winter. the thought of looking out the window on a good riding day when other duties allow and not being able to take advantage of it would depress me - so no Sorn for me - even at my age! (After all I can't have have many years of riding left.)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift....

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #2 on: 22 September, 2018, 10:20:31 PM »
We never SORN our bikes, taxed and insured all year round. We don’t get out on them as much as we’d like, so if an opportunity arises even in the winter, we’re out.  :028:

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
« Reply #3 on: 23 September, 2018, 12:08:39 PM »
More power to your elbow!

diverse-leafy