Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Going to Europe  (Read 467 times)

Offline mosspack

• CBF Member
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
Going to Europe
« on: 29 August, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »
Help needed
Going for a trip to Spain And France on bike - what docs do you need to take - also things like headlight converters and hi viz. Every website I go on tells me about cars not motorcycle's. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers :300:

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
Re: Going to Europe
« Reply #1 on: 29 August, 2018, 08:52:02 PM »
Passport, E111, V5C, MOT (if applicable), insurance, driving licence,  breakdown cover, travel insurance, maps. We always carry photocopies of all documents or have copies on a USB stick.

Headlight does not need a deflector. We always wear a hi viz.

Put together what you think you’ll need, practice pack, then get rid of half of it!

When and where are you intending to go? We’ve been to Spain the last three years, fantastic roads.  :028:

Take a look in the Travel Section, plenty of stuff in there.

« Last Edit: 29 August, 2018, 08:57:59 PM by phild »

Offline Nickj733

• Bike: CBF1000 gt
  • City / Town: Emsworth
« Reply #2 on: 29 August, 2018, 11:39:45 PM »
I discovered this on facebook. this guy lives in france and talks alot of sense. https://www.europeanbreakdowncover4u.co.uk/motorcycling-in-france/

Offline phild

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-B
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #3 on: 30 August, 2018, 08:11:47 AM »
Stickers on helmets........never bothered with them and never been stopped for not having them (more than 10 years of touring Europe on bikes), in fact, never been stopped by the Police.

He doesn’t mention travel/holiday insurance which covers you for motorcycle touring. Check the wording of your policy, most cover for motorcycle riding ‘up to 125cc’.

:028:

diverse-leafy