Author Topic: Left turning drivers  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Silverdart

• CBF Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF1000-A
  • City / Town: Kitchener ON
Left turning drivers
on: 21 August, 2018, 04:08:55 PM
This isn't me, nor is it my dashcam, but it made the news in Toronto. (For those who aren't familiar with Toronto traffic, it has the worst traffic and commute in North America.)

A rider, legally entering an intersection on a green light, smashed by a car turning left in front of him. Dashcam video here:

What, if anything, could the rider have done? Probably not much, other than brake/try to avoid, but it seems the car driver was blissfully unaware of the approach of the rider.

The rider was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. No idea beyond that.

Not much more to say, other than, "Let's be careful out there."
Old enough to have seen it all, heard it all, done it all. Just can't remember it all.

Offline Ianrobbo1

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: bird + CBF1000
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Re: Left turning drivers
Reply #1 on: 21 August, 2018, 07:48:21 PM
As a biker myself, I wouldn't have been traveling so fast into a junction like that bloke did. :012:
A newbie to the Biffer, owned a Bird for 19 years, and looking forward to long term ownership of my CBF!!

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Reply #2 on: 22 August, 2018, 07:27:58 PM
 :183:
*Originally Posted by Ianrobbo1 [+]
As a biker myself, I wouldn't have been traveling so fast into a junction like that bloke did. :012:
While dashcams aren't easy to interpret, I agree it is clear he was travelling far too fast. A hard lesson!
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline hondacbf

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Honda CBF1000A
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #3 on: 22 August, 2018, 09:25:44 PM
Aye, irrespective of speed limits it's sensible to ride/drive at an appropriate speed to suit varying road and traffic conditions. At any type of Junction I trust no one!

diverse-leafy