Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear shock spacer  (Read 1525 times)

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • -
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
Re: Rear shock spacer
« Reply #10 on: 15 August, 2018, 10:33:27 PM »
Well they are budget suspension units.
Pays your money etc.
Probably why some folk change them in time for hagon or olins etc. then notice a huge improvement (gone from a worn out (previously) adequate shock to a new units designed and costed to suit.

But if it is worn out there is little else to do but change it.

- mind you, 12k does seems a tad early (double checks, whew still (just) under 12k).
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline Leofric

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: 2012CBF1000FA
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
« Reply #11 on: 11 November, 2018, 12:33:28 AM »
Shock absorber shouldn't wear out in 12,000 miles. I weigh about 20 stone and my mk2 suspension has never bottomed out.
Compared with a Triumph Bonneville T100 and Moto Guzzi V7.2 the CBF1000FA suspension is brilliant. I thought the Bonneville was bad enough but the Moto Guzzi was terrible. (like sitting on a railway sleeper on wheels riding over a cobbled street as another owner described it ) Makes you realise how good a bike the CBF1000 MK2 is.

Offline Scootyman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
  • City / Town: Dunfermline
« Reply #12 on: 03 February, 2019, 06:02:10 PM »
I Did the same journey last year on my 06 CBF with 14000 miles on the clock and never had a problem. My girlfriend and I covered 750 miles around the Highlands in 4 days over some of the roughest roads. I am 18 stone and my girlfriend around 11. I worked out with our luggage we were over the max of 195 by around 5 - 10 Kgs but I canít remember us bottoming out the suspension at all. I think the previous posters have definitely got it right, it must be mileage thatís caused your shock to weaken over time.
Hope that helps

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #13 on: 03 February, 2019, 09:09:46 PM »
Try riding in Ireland and the fens! To be fair that is where it has happened. The shock is fine. Probably me overloading it. When I go Thailand I will see if I can get a YSS shock cheaper than here. Factory is in Bangkok.

Offline Scootyman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
  • City / Town: Dunfermline
« Reply #14 on: 03 February, 2019, 10:10:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tommo2 [+]
Try riding in Ireland and the fens! To be fair that is where it has happened. The shock is fine. Probably me overloading it. When I go Thailand I will see if I can get a YSS shock cheaper than here. Factory is in Bangkok.

We had YSS shocks on a Honda Innova. I canít remember the model of them but they  were very good when carrying two up. I also had another set on a silver wing and they were again very good. Got to say I rate the YSS shocks from previous good experience. Is there an aftermarket figment for the CBF 1000?
Best regards
Scoots

Offline Tommo2

• CBF Master
  • Proud owner of CBF 1000GT FAC, MZ 301, Jawa 350
  • Bike: CBF1000GT 2016
  • City / Town: Stevenage
« Reply #15 on: 04 February, 2019, 07:08:45 AM »
Yes. Ohlins, Hagon and more.

diverse-leafy